F2 pics and full spec. requested

popo

Hi,

do you have any links to information about road-legal version of Cupra F2?

Siemanko,
Popo

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
spec is a bit of an urban myth,i've got a pic of the copper one that did the rounds ,but scanner isn't running at present.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yup - someone 'thinks' they had one (but didn't)

there was only one made, stuck in comics, then put back to standard

it 'said' it had a 200bhp engine, but it didn't (std inlet) so it's all just bollocks :)

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
m0rk said:
Yup - someone 'thinks' they had one (but didn't)

there was only one made, stuck in comics, then put back to standard

it 'said' it had a 200bhp engine, but it didn't (std inlet) so it's all just bollocks :)

" 1984, DOHC, 4 cylinder 16 valve; gas-flowed and ported head, unique cam specification, oversized pistons, re-programed engine manegment, replacement panel filter; sports exhuast"

Engine supposedly built by Lehmann.

Gota get me one of them engines :D

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
well there were 6 cantibrian blue cordoba sx 16v's in the uk, i had 1 pete had 1 ,and i've seen 1 other,and the odd 1 on autotrader,funny how absalutely no one has seen one that i know of on here or any other car forum .

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
seat didn't build them matey;) and i saw a purple 16v tonight infact,pre face lift bumpers,so presume it was a 1.816v

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
The F2 is noted on the very first page of the MK2 Parkers review. Maybe this myth is reality? Also as it competed in rallies is it not the rule that so many road going versions of that car have to be made and thats why we have scoobies, evo's and RS's

Last edited:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
I'm sure we have been over this before....there was only one 'road car' F2 Ibiza, a copper one Reg S346 JSM, it was made by Danny Whitrow at RSD and was merely cosmetic for the magasines etc - it had widetrack suspension off a Mk3 golf and big wheels with small offsets to fill the arches (OZ Chrono's I seem to remember). Probably handled like a pig. The arches were pukka steel arches from Seat Sport Spain and no they are not still around (I asked about 5yrs ago). RSD were Oettinger dealers at the time so it had a cam and chip job - probably was 180hp. The car was dismantled at the request of Seat UK.

There were of course several (maybe as many as a couple dozen) Ibiza Evo1 and 2 rally cars - we think all had spanish registrations. There is at least one wide arch with a UK reg but we think this could be an imposter F2 car (N246 XVV) - could be a GpN or super 6 car with big arches.

Cheers

Rob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.