Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

fabia rear wiper

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by taff141177, Mar 20, 2012.

1. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Hi was wondering is it a straight easy job to swap the rear wiper arm to a skoda fabia one I like the look of them but before I swap was wondering how easy it is ?

2. gwagger

gwagger Active Member

hi i have done this the other day yes it is a straight swap all you need is a 13mm spanner or socket if you lift the plastic cover of where the water nozzle is then undo the nut completely then just wiggle the wiper arm around and it will just pull off then fit the fabia arm blade and cover hope this helps

3. dawson86

dawson86 Active Member

gonna do mine at the weekend, as long as it arrives

4. Timthebrief

Timthebrief Barmy Army sleeper cell

Easy peasy. Replaced mine for second time recently 10 min job. Search for threads to give you parts numbers and guides. :)

5. Smithy

Smithy Old School

did mine this weekend too, only pain was getting the arm off. There is a knack to it though, best to get a screw driver and apply pressure between the spindal and the arm. If you can, relieve some of the pressure stopping it being removed by lifting the arm a little to counter the spring pressing it against the glass. Hope that helps.

6. JamesL

When I did mine, I removed the cover (which was easily the most awkward part because I couldn't work out how it was supposed to come off!) then lifted the arm so it was perpendicular to the windscreen. When it was like that, it was easy to wiggle it until it came off the spindle. When you see the arm come off, look at the angle the blade is compared to the joint/ring which sits on the spindle. You can see the angle of the arm to the spindle - the blade exerts a fair amount of pressure when it is flat against the windscreen, so no wonder some people struggle to get it off.

7. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Cheers guys just ordered of e bay for 20 quid ? Is this about right noticed its made up of estate parts and the hatch parts ?

8. ben450

ben450 Active Member

Has anyone got the part numbers please?

9. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Have nt got part no but have a look at this item on e bay think itight be on there. 120875910056

10. rnavarra

rnavarra Guest

Yes this eBay item is the conversion kit and lists all the relevant part numbers in the listing.

11. TM

TM Active Member

Done this mod also. Huge improvement.

12. AshFR

AshFR Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005

I did this not long after i got the leon. I agree, huge improvement :D

13. hoare07

hoare07 Guest

Easy job for anyone.

I went for the go buy genuine bits using part numbers. Total nightmare at stealers. After 2 weeks of still waiting on parts I demanded a refund and bought the kit on eBay for same price

Still genuine parts and came in 2days.

14. If it's not too late, theres a guide I found yesterday on the front page under 'Info Base'. I was gonna do it myself, but had a look today and it's already been done before i bought it :)

Won't let me post the link cos I havent got my 15 posts yet :( Sorry!

15. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Well finally got this done after the wiper arm has been sat in the garage for so long and what a difference it has made looks better and no more streaks and smears and a lot quieter cheers for all the info lads

16. domin8or

Just be very careful with the Fabia bolt/washer cover,as they are very thin plastic,and for someone who cleans the car as often as me,they are really easy to snap with the edge of a microfibre cloth.
    Good news is they're only a few quid,just a pain as the dealers never have stock.

17. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Nice one yeah try and clean it when the weather is nice

18. domin8or

It would only get cleaned twice a year then,not twice a week.

19. taff141177

taff141177 Active Member

Yeah something like that lol