facelift aux usb port

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
so i have the facelift which has the aux port and usb panel...... i always use the aux to listen to music.
I initially thought my aux cable finally died as the sound has gone awful, kinda like its underwater with no bass. I tried a friends aux (which we confirmed works in his vxr) and it was the same.

so then i thought maybe the port on my phone died. So we tried his, which again is fine. Still the same. Switch to radio and the sound returns as normal.

I tried connecting my phone with the usb, but the standard head unit doesnt give a option to select usb.

So im guessing the aux port in the car is nackerd. Anyone had this, and is the panel a straight easy swap if i found one at a scrappers

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Stock radio right? not aftermarket??

Should be an easy enough swap, check the wires first to make sure they're properly connected and un-damaged.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I found an image online of the part if that helps you know how I leady it is to fit lol mine is bubbling on the sliders...

662864supportusb.jpg

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
After a lot of swearing and sweating I managed to get it off, thanks to the images provided. Cheers everyone. Cleaned the port with compressed air put it back together but still isn't working properly
20180715_170440.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Its a hottie today! I'm sweating indoors let alone in a car haha

I'd get yourself a thread made on the listers sub forum on here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/listers-seat-parts-sponsor.338/

I think when I asked it was about £36 but my memory isn't great haha

Or better for you if you find another leon you can test their front unit so you know of its the cable or unit itself.

If you do get a new one I may be interested in the facia of yours as mine is bubbling on the plastic.... I can swear and sweat so I should be good haha

Cheers

Reactions: linfordfr

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Its a hottie today! I'm sweating indoors let alone in a car haha

I'd get yourself a thread made on the listers sub forum on here - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/listers-seat-parts-sponsor.338/

I think when I asked it was about £36 but my memory isn't great haha

Or better for you if you find another leon you can test their front unit so you know of its the cable or unit itself.

If you do get a new one I may be interested in the facia of yours as mine is bubbling on the plastic.... I can swear and sweat so I should be good haha

Cheers

it took some getting out as i dont have the plastic trim tool remover. had to use a mixture of flat heads and a old bendy paper scraper lol.

would be brilliant if i new someone with one to quickly swop and test

ive seen some on ebay at £25 but still reluctant incase it doesnt solve it.... but no music is now killing me

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
it took some getting out as i dont have the plastic trim tool remover. had to use a mixture of flat heads and a old bendy paper scraper lol.

would be brilliant if i new someone with one to quickly swop and test

ive seen some on ebay at £25 but still reluctant incase it doesnt solve it.... but no music is now killing me

Did you check if the old port still charged your phone when it was plugged in??
That'd at least tell you if the port was getting power.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Where abouts are you based buddy?

im in south Yorkshire bud ( sheffield )

Does your headunit have bluetooth? Use that for audio?

afraid it doesn't have Bluetooth its just the standard dog $hit3 head unit.

Did you check if the old port still charged your phone when it was plugged in??
That'd at least tell you if the port was getting power.

when I plugged my phone in via the usb thinking I could use this instead ( forgetting there isn't a usb option to select) my phone did bring up the charging symbol, I will test this again to confirm though

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.