facelift aux usb port

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah looking at the parts drawings it seems the revised part was introduced in Feb 2010 so will only apply to very early facelift cars. Interesting stuff though, I had no idea about that.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yeah looking at the parts drawings it seems the revised part was introduced in Feb 2010 so will only apply to very early facelift cars. Interesting stuff though, I had no idea about that.
So being September 2010 I should have the revised part and so should the op being a 62 plate.

Cheers

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Yeah your car shouldn't be affected. It should have had the newer part fitted in the factory. My car was made late in Feb 2010 and it has the new part.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
You had a chance to check the part number of your one as it's off?

the day i took it out to clean the aux port, i put it straight back in.. ill have to take it out again and check it.

either way my aux has some how died. i saw a vide on youtube a guy using usb through his phone after selecting the aux option on the headunit. what cable could i use for a samsung to do this (untill i get a new part from a scappers)

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
You can plug a USB stick with audio files on it into the USB port and have the head unit play the files so as long as your phone supports USB mass storage then just any old standard USB cable for your phone would work. It's the USB mass storage part that's important rather than the cable.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
You can plug a USB stick with audio files on it into the USB port and have the head unit play the files so as long as your phone supports USB mass storage then just any old standard USB cable for your phone would work. It's the USB mass storage part that's important rather than the cable.

I tried the charging cable ( usual USB to micro USB cable ) didn't work. Phone just plays music out loud.

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Does this work with RCD330? Has anyone tried it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Does this work with RCD330? Has anyone tried it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Playing audio files from a USB stick should work on any standard head unit that has a USB port, either on the unit or via the Aux port.

EDIT: Sorry - just realised you said 330 - As long as it's one of the ones that supports CarPlay / Android Auto then as long as your phone supports that then it'll work over USB, yes.

The 330 also has bluetooth audio streaming built in I believe.

Last edited:

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Update for anyone interested or having same issues. I bought the aux USB with the revised number on. Pulled mine out to replace and mine had the old number on which according to the link I provided is the faulty one. Everything now works fine!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.