Facelift K1?

bill-bradley

Does anyone know if there is a facelift Cupra K1 available as i would very much like a brand new K1???

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Hold your horses! lol I have heard a rumour that around June July time they wil be bring out a K2, as I said this is a rumour and the source I heard it from mentioned it in passing as I was chatting about my Cupra. They do however have involvement in the SEAT market (not a stealer or sales person if you get my hint) So are a reliable source.....

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
k1s did sell well and dealerships are raking it in by putting a premium on them second hand. However I would take the above with a pinch of salt.

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
The K1's are still expensive and to cash in the public for no extra BHP of torque and just a body kit with a mid exit exhaust was naughty other motor companys sell a limited sports model and at least do something different to them and I do think that 2k for a kit is slightly excessive.

I will take the release of the K2 as slight odd as they have only just released the Cupra R and why release something that my threaten the sales of the Cupra R? Doesn't seem to be the correct marketing ploy of sales in my opinion!!

Last edited:

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Agreed it's outrageous, however I'm not complaining. My second one depreciated a mere 250 quid in the four months I owned it :)

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
You did well 250 quid is an awesome loss, But I bet the stealers marked her up to almost a new price! but to be honest I'm not either, I have an 07 Cupra with the body kit bought her second hand for a fairly good price and 23k on the clock, obviously the plus side other than the miles was it was fully loaded, xenon lights, convenience package etc, and some plum shelled out for the intial payout.

Alls fair in second hand cars lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members