Facelift Leon

FRCol

Feb 14, 2016
Tilly Central Scotland
This has probably been asked before.....But the under bonnet soundproofing on my 2012 FR seems to be sagging down and damp, after it's washed!! Is it better to get new clips and replace old ones, or just remove the soundproofing felt altogether? Have read mixed reviews, on more under bonnet noise, etc?
Thanks for any info.

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Good question. I just took new clips and replaced the old ones...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: FRCol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've also seen mixed reviews... Do you have a diesel or petrol? Personally I like to keep my cars clean and tidy so I'd buy a new sound proofing lol which doesn't help your situation. SEAT never really sorted the issue unfortunately so my guess would be take it off and see what it sounds like. Do you still have your engine cover on to help stop water getting on thr top of the engine and causing lovely Corrosion lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've had this problem X2 now. There's a guide on here for sealing the scuttle. Will try and find it when I'm back on the computer. Just consider if you remove the material where all that water it's absorbing is going to go.

FRCol

Feb 14, 2016
Tilly Central Scotland
I've also seen mixed reviews... Do you have a diesel or petrol? Personally I like to keep my cars clean and tidy so I'd buy a new sound proofing lol which doesn't help your situation. SEAT never really sorted the issue unfortunately so my guess would be take it off and see what it sounds like. Do you still have your engine cover on to help stop water getting on thr top of the engine and causing lovely Corrosion lol
It's a CR 170 Diesel and still has engine cover fitted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.