Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

Poverty

It will be called the gti-r or R20T in some markets and will just be an S3. There's going to be a sirocco version the same aswell.

not according to my sources.

272hp golf and scirocco fwd only. A hotter golf and rocco and could be 4wd but they are years off yet.

Leonidas

So will this be called the MK3??? VW called there new golf a MK6 even though its really only a facelift

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
So will this be called the MK3??? VW called there new golf a MK6 even though its really only a facelift

I presume this will just be a facelifted mark 2, not a big enough change to be a mark 3. Most cars have a facelift at some point in their life, I believe the Mk.1 Leon did as well.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
someone in spain told me you see the climate read out in the radio

Just found this pic
content.Par.0044.Image.jpg

Now that its quite clever, and the controls look to be very similar to the Leons

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
they have the FR in spain and 3 variants, the fr 2.0tfsi the fr 2.0tdi and the fr1 with the bucket seats

Aye I don't really keep up to speed on model specifications in Spain, but they had Sport and Sport Up models. The Sport briefly made an appearance in the UK and was then phased out in favour of the FR. I'm not sure if with the 2009 models they aim to bring everything into line and no more Sport Up's just FR. But as I say different market to the one I have an interest in.

In the UK the FR1 is called the FR550, basically fitted with cast off Cupra seats.

Point I was illustrating though is that people in the UK shouldn't read too much into a Spanish press release because the markets do differ. It will give a general idea of what to expect but don't take it as gospel. :)

SEAT UK will no doubt issue their own press release in time to introduce the changes to the UK market.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

Nah its a face-lifted Mk2. Not enough has been changed to distinguish it as an updated model. Mk3 is expected to pop up in 2011/12 according to rough planning schedules leaked last year.

Sash

so... i bought a leon cupra for what? so that they piss in my face with a facelift and more stock power and more additions? nice one i love capitalism

Leonidas

so... i bought a leon cupra for what? so that they piss in my face with a facelift and more stock power and more additions? nice one i love capitalism

Well alot of people are saying at least that the old car looks better(front bumper mainly)

Leonidas

Another thing. usually the first pics look rubbish of a new car when they release them(remember the Ibiza Cupra), but these look good so I cant wait to see some more proper ones :funk:

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds

Always the same buy a car and in a few months there is something slightly better.

Cupra for example had a new grill after the first few month for MY08, then the K1 and now a facelift all in 2 years or so.

A Z says its best to wait and see what the U.K spec changes will bring.

Usually when they release photos like this they are of fully loaded versions and often you find these don't apply to the U.K, are optional or only available on certain models.

Manufacturers sometime drop standard equipment as well during a facelift.

Leonidas

leon09cuprahh8.jpg

Not bad. Im really happy with the New Leon cause I was afraid they might ruin it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members