Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
prefer my non-facelift model, so i'm happy, don't like the revised front end ... and yes i know i don't see it from the drivers seat [B)]

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
The front doesn't look any better or worse to me I'm just glad they haven't ruined the look of the already stunning exterior. Nice & understated.

The important thing is that they've addressed the horrid & cheap looking interior & I think the changes made there (where you spend most of your time with the car) are by far & wide the most relevant. It looks much better already. I don't think it will lose any of it's key features either or that would just be a really bad decision or their behalf. They should certainly make sports pedals standard on the FR upwards & also maybe provide a cheaper option of having the interior leather as £1,500 was way too much to ask before. I also hope that they provide a better quality stereo or at least the option of a better upgraded one.

It's good that they've increased your vision & the area/size of the back window as well.

The Common Rail Diesel engine change is a very welcome surprise for us TDI lovers! :)

All in all I think the front end aint too bad & if it didn't grow on you, you could maybe just get one fitted off the old model if it would still fit?

Last edited:

Leonidas

Whats the 5 petrol engine's and 5 diesels.
my guess is 1.4mpi 85ps, 1.6mpi 102ps, 1.4tsi 125ps, 1.8tsi 160ps and the 2.0tsi 211ps.

And the diesels id say is 1.9pdtdi 90ps, 1.9pdtdi 105ps, ???????, 2.0pdtdi 140ps and 2.0crtdi 170ps. what would the 3rd one??? 2.0tdi 120ps perhaps:confused:

Leonidas

I hope ur right. bur thats a big gap to leave between to 85ps and the 125ps. They should put the 1.4mpi 100ps in there instead;)

Phobia

They are probably just counting the 1.9 77kW DSG as one of the five..

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Has anyone got any pictures of the bootlid?
I can't see any on this thread.

n_olympios

greek member
main.php

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
if i'd have created a facelift version it would have been a standard cupra with the k1 front bumper, slightly flared arches and a dsg. the petition starts here folks come on get on it;) unless i'm talking rubbish of course:shrug:

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
if i'd have created a facelift version it would have been a standard cupra with the k1 front bumper, slightly flared arches and a dsg. the petition starts here folks come on get on it;) unless i'm talking rubbish of course:shrug:

Anything with that kit on would be hideous - however I'm all for it as it'll help resale values of the older models.

Tony D

I think it would look much better with the Aero kit (bumpers, sideskirts, spoiler) and double exhaust. If it fits (or they make a new Aero kit that fits), I'd go for that combination, in Yellow. Nice.

Leonidas

Found This the other day. Didnt know weather to post it or not. The only difference I can see are the light are changed a tiny bit.
nuevoleones1.jpg

TBH, even if they dont go wild on updating the design I wont be put off. Its in my opinion that the MK2 Leon is one of the finest lookin cars on the road. Look at it compared to the new megane or 308 :sick:.
Or the Toyota Arius :weedy: or watever its called. I see a good few Leons around now(I seen 5 in a car smallish park yesterday and about 5 others around the town) and I still think :love:. I think the most important thing for SEAT this time is to update the dash quality and design and improve the ride quality cause in my opinion the new Ibiza beats the Leon in both areas.

Looks like the one I least expected was right after all :lol:

russell 5866

Can any one help me out i have a 2009 leon fr & wishing to replace the front & rear bumpers with a cupra r & a k1 front can any one inform me of the down falls ie the rear defuser i see there is a problem due to the rear linea not having a exhaust port cut out & how to hide the rough cut with a trim.
any help out there

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Tne FL K1 Kit also requires a change of Exhaust back boxto fit properly. In theory you could back on the orginal diffuser but not 100% sure if they are the same. But it is 2K all in at a dealer including the exhaust change.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.