Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
never rule out an early facelift.

S3 has been out just under 2 years and already the 3 door version has been facelifted with new:
-lights
-mirrors with integrated indicators
-front and rear bumpers diffusers
-engine (still 2.0TFSi, but new fuelling system)
-wheels
-clocks that spool up to max and then drop as you start the car
-mesh panels in the bumpers

and now also available in 5 doors :).

could be tempted once the price is 'negotiable'. was told that they wouldnt be able to get one before november as the 5 door is outselling the 3. no chance of discounts while demand outstrips supply :(.

Herc

New colours:

Lumina orange
2e4f_27.JPG

3426_27.JPG

Citrus
f8aa_27.JPG

And also speed blue...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
As above!
I'm off to parkers.co.uk to see how much I can get for mine!

Poverty

SEAT really do need to offer a bright sparkling red, blue and a yellow like the renault megane sports have. The seat paint options just all seem a bit too dull for a car like the cupra.

Bainie

Oct 22, 2007
ST Orange, and VXR sweeping guages, hardly original ideas though, C`mon vag , give us something different !!!

Poverty

9080804.001.Mini2L.jpg

MK6 Golf

More of a facelift but they are marketing it as next gen.

There will not be a R32/36 of the Golf 6, the top 3 engine's all are 2.0TSI one's.
A basic 200 hp 2.0TSI, a 240 hp 2.0TSI for the GTI and a 272 hp 4Motion top version probably called RSI.
A R36 make no sense because the 272 hp 2.0TSI 4Motion version would wipe the floor with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maximus2000uk

I didnt know the engine options had actually been confirmed.

Those alloys look like a real pain to clean!

Poverty

I didnt know the engine options had actually been confirmed.

Those alloys look like a real pain to clean!

They havent been confirmed, just word from a source. Not too sure Audi would want a golf identical to their S3 though.

Maximus2000uk

It is impossible for those engine specs to be correct for numerous reasons, but most notably because the 2.0 TFSI engine no longer gives out 200bhp - it was recently updated for use in the facelifted A3 & new A4 and now gives out 207bhp. Seems natural that the 2.0 TFSI engine would therefore run at 207bhp.

Furthermore, based on how much better the Scirocco is, in comparison to the current Golf Gti, im not sure that the new GTI engine can have that much more power - 240bhp seems a little bit excessive, especially as VW don't play the 'power' game.

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
It is impossible for those engine specs to be correct for numerous reasons, but most notably because the 2.0 TFSI engine no longer gives out 200bhp - it was recently updated for use in the facelifted A3 & new A4 and now gives out 207bhp. Seems natural that the 2.0 TFSI engine would therefore run at 207bhp.

Furthermore, based on how much better the Scirocco is, in comparison to the current Golf Gti, im not sure that the new GTI engine can have that much more power - 240bhp seems a little bit excessive, especially as VW don't play the 'power' game.

The engine in the new A3 is still only 200PS, just checked in the brochure. Where is the info on the 207bhp engine from?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
MK6 Golf

More of a facelift but they are marketing it as next gen.

There will not be a R32/36 of the Golf 6, the top 3 engine's all are 2.0TSI one's.
A basic 200 hp 2.0TSI, a 240 hp 2.0TSI for the GTI and a 272 hp 4Motion top version probably called RSI.
A R36 make no sense because the 272 hp 2.0TSI 4Motion version would wipe the floor with it.

The engine note would be lush though :p

Maximus2000uk

Cheers just downloaded the A4 spec from the Audi website and the A4 in 211PS (so 207 bhp sounds about right), but the A3 only seems to be 200PS still (according the brochure I got last week anyway).

Maybe the 211PS is only for the A4.

Maybe, but the main point with the new engine is not the slight increase in power (10bhp), but the huge difference in Co2 emissions.

The current 2.0 TFSI engine in the Leon FR emits 190g/co2 whereas the new 2.0 TFSI engine emits 154g/co2 which, considering the upcoming changes in roadtax bands, will amass to a very large saving.

As a result, it would suprise me if SEAT aren't given the engine to put into the facelifted model. If however, it doesnt make it, it will for certain be the next FR engine in the new Leon, whenever that arrives.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.