Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by DSG-boy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Cupra-CY

Cupra-CY Guest

I agree.

We should have in mind that when the Ibiza was given a facelift, the Altea, Toledo and Leon were already in production. But they didn't give the Ibiza any of their characteristics, the most distinct being the "Dynamic Line" on the side.

I think they prefer to do some "saving" when it comes to facelifting a model and present an all new design when the new model is launched.

2. Tam

Tam Santa in disguise :)

Wont be a Leon, it makes no sense, the Leon chassis will be used as it is for many more years yet, the pics shown there appear to be a full testing, if the leon is just being re-styled it wouldn't need all the sensors it has attached.

To have all those sensors would mean its a complete revision which we know it wont be as theres no new golf or a3 to have a 2 year head start on the leon :cartman:

/edit to add .... looks like it might be the new polo testing ..
    http://www.autobild.de/artikel/erlkoenig-bildergalerie-teil-76_782576.html

or a test mule car for the Ibiza cupra.. ??
    http://www.autobild.de/artikel/erlkoenig-bildergalerie-teil-76_782576.html

#103 Tam, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  3. Leonidas

Leonidas Guest

But the new golf at the minute has had its comfort and handling improved.
    I'd say SEAT will do the same

4. Leonidas

Leonidas Guest

And I cant see VW mounting the mirrors on the doors

5. Al

Al Active Member

Photoshop pic there I think.

Am I the only one not liking the new design front end SEAT have come up with? I just can't get round to liking the way the new Ibiza looks at all. If the next Leon looks like that, I will definitely not be getting one.

With regard to the facelift, the Golf is being updated in 5 year cycles now rather than 7 year cycles. The MK1 Leon was around for approx 5-6 years before the MK2 Leon, and the current Leon has been out so far for only 3 years, so one would assume that this test mule may arrive next summer to start the 2010 Model Year perhaps?

For what it is worth, I for one will be annoyed if my early MK2 Leon Cupra is out of vogue after only 2-2.5 years.

#107 Al, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  6. n_olympios

n_olympios greek member

╬Ło.

7. phil3012

As I've said before the normal cycle for any mainstream car is about 6 years between new models with a minor facelift halfway through that, so the Leon is about due a minor facelift. Sometimes this doesn't amount to much though, if a car sometimes isn't selling well they restyle bits if it on the same basic design, just look at the Vectra when that got a facelift about 3 years ago.

The Golf has been replaced early as it is too expensive to produce. I read the current Golf takes twice as long to build as other cars in that market and was actually going to be replaced about now after just 4 years but they delayed it.

8. Xe

Xe Guest

OK that black test car deffo looks like a Leon to me. All the pillars, wing mirror, dash, seats, wheels, exhaust and overall shape etc look like a Leon. I would not worry about it looking like the new Ibiza. The front of the car is very different to that photoshop pic of the white car. The headlight shape and grill lines are clearly different. Almost has a Audi style look to me.

Now just need to find out when that new Leon is released :D Hoping it comes out in TDi FR DSG with common rail Woot!!

#110 Xe, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  9. Gizzer

Gizzer Active Member

I agree that looks Photoshopped and also agree that the new Ibiza nose doesn't look good either.

I thought Seat would take the cue's from the Leon and Altea when they brought the new Ibiza out and use the same shaped grille. This new elongated grill looks a bit "middle aged" IMO. :sick:

10. Aaroncupra

Aaroncupra Guest

#112 Aaroncupra, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  11. Al

Al Active Member

All of us are gonna be in the same boat mate. You would lose more money buying new though ;)

12. Poverty

Poverty Guest

guys that pic is 100% photoshop. Dont worry too much about that awkward mess, early photoshops are always untidy. But yes looks like facelift leon is in testing!

BTW the new ibiza looks really really nice in person!

13. Xe

Xe Guest

14. Cupra-CY

Cupra-CY Guest

15. Cupra-CY

Cupra-CY Guest

Apparently there is a problem with the link.

Going to media . seat . com /en/index.html (remove spaces) and then selecting "images" and "SEAT range" you can see it.

16. G2232

I can actually see an influx of changes possibley coming along soon
    now what with SEAT dropping out of BTCC to free up marketing money:shrug:

17. Al

Al Active Member

Nothing in the media centre about the next Leon by the way.