Facelift My09? Rumours or spypics?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
leon2009sp1.jpg

I should have said that is was a photoshop when i put it up first.
The fella that done it on another forum done it quickly to give people an idea

I know if the next leon looks like that, It wont be my next car..

Poverty

Great. Now SEATs will be classed as old Audis just as Daewoos were old Vauxhalls and SSssssangyongs, and GMCs are old Daewoos

The next gen Exeo wont be a rehashed audi. SEAT only did it to get a saloon on the market ASAP.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Each to their own. I had an 04 1.8T Toledo, and it was great. What they should so is put a boot on the Leon, same as they did before and not sell a rehashed old Audi IMO.

You see loads more of the Leon Saloons than the current shape of Toledo.

Last edited:

Formula~Racing

Apparently seems new Leon will look like Exeo on the front and Ibiza on the back.
Better see it live first, comments after.

CupraCal

May 20, 2008
Stamford
is it me or have the designers of the new Ibiza and Leon (fromt the images seen that is) been knocking one out over the whole new batman and Joker film? seems to me that the front of the Ibiza and possible facelift leon just looks like the designers had a poster of the joker pinned to their notice board and decided to turn the face into a car with its drab smudged cheesy grin for a grill and eyes i think they look crap. the previous Ibiza looked mint Leon wise well.... i still prefer the MK1's / Leon FR ...

SigmaDelta

Feb 9, 2008
Athens,Greece
is it me or have the designers of the new Ibiza and Leon (fromt the images seen that is) been knocking one out over the whole new batman and Joker film? seems to me that the front of the Ibiza and possible facelift leon just looks like the designers had a poster of the joker pinned to their notice board and decided to turn the face into a car with its drab smudged cheesy grin for a grill and eyes i think they look crap. the previous Ibiza looked mint Leon wise well.... i still prefer the MK1's / Leon FR ...
A tribute to Heath Ledger maybe??

Xe

SEAT Exeo debuts

SEAT Exeo debuts

car_photo_285540_25.jpg

car_photo_285543_25.jpg

Watch out Mondeo – SEAT is taking on the traditional family car class for the first time with the Exeo.

It's based on the previous-generation Audi A4, but the Exeo gets styling tweaks inspired by the latest Ibiza. The new saloon was revealed at the Paris Motor Show and goes on sale early next year with a starting price of around £16,000.

Three petrol and three diesel engines will be available, and SEAT expects to sell up to 4,000 models. It has the same cabin as the outgoing Audi A4 Cabriolet – which boasted a higher quality finish than the regular saloon version. As well as some handy association with the Audi brand, the firm is hoping the Exeo will appeal to buyers looking for a premium feel without the hefty price tag.

SEAT also took the wraps off two Ibiza variants – the Cupra and the ECOmotive. The former gets a 178bhp 1.4-litre supercharged and turbocharged engine, which is mated to a seven-speed DSG twin-clutch gearbox complete with steering wheel-mounted paddleshifters. It hits 0-60mph in 7.5 seconds and 140mph, but it’s also clean and green, too, returning 42mpg and emitting 159g/km of CO2. Helping it put its power down is a new traction control system and uprated suspension.

Meanwhile, the ECOmotive sits at the other end of the range. With a 79bhp 1.4-litre TDI diesel and tweaks to the aerodynamics, gearing and engine management, it returns 76.3mpg and emits a tax-friendly 98g/km of CO2.

Karadjas

I was going to order a Cupra this winter, but now I don't know... I don't want to buy a car that will be obsolete 2 months later, but the Cupra will probably be the last version of the new/facelifted Leon to come out.

I like the yellow photoshopped one, but the current Cupra has the perfect rear end for me, they'll ruin it if they go about adding angles and shortening the taillights.

Karadjas

A diffuser and base non-sport wheels and exhaust? :S

Argh this couldn't have come at a worse time! They better release all versions at the same time!

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
A diffuser and base non-sport wheels and exhaust? :S

Argh this couldn't have come at a worse time! They better release all versions at the same time!

They normally chuck standard wheels on even the best model when testing.

I am really surprised though that Seat are going for such an change over. For me the front and side look of the current Leon is very attractive and so are the jewell like afterburner lights at the rear. I for one won't be going down to buy a new one of these. The front looks like it's been smashed from both sides and the rear looks like a mk3 Astra. Shame

Deleted member 12175

Does anyone know when the release date is for the facelift?

What about a Mk 3 when is this due?

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
Someone might have some more accurate figures but knowing the car market and cycle time I would say the Mark 3 is at least 2.5 to 3 years away.

Cars in this class work on a cycle of 6 years, the Mk 2 was released in 2005 so the Mk 3 should be about 2011.

I'd have thought a mild facelift would be imminent although this is harder to predict as sometimes the midlife facelift changes are very minor.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.