Factory Fit Xenons

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Afternoon all,

It’s been a while since I have been on here, forgot how good it was! Has anyone else had issues with their lights going off with factory fit xenons? I have had two bulbs changed and they still went off every couple of months etc. I have just got it back and was told that the control unit had water in it and was causing the problem. I have noticed that the headlights in my new leon still get condensation in them like the old Leon used to, I guess that's what happened. Anyone else had any probs?

Cheers.
Si

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Afternoon all,

It’s been a while since I have been on here, forgot how good it was! Has anyone else had issues with their lights going off with factory fit xenons? I have had two bulbs changed and they still went off every couple of months etc. I have just got it back and was told that the control unit had water in it and was causing the problem. I have noticed that the headlights in my new leon still get condensation in them like the old Leon used to, I guess that's what happened. Anyone else had any probs?

Cheers.
Si

I've noticed condensation in my headlights too, must be covered by dealer warranty, no prob with lamps though.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Since avoiding jet washing the area of the lights I have had no problems. Always avoided my leon xenons since new.
The wifes ibiza was like a goldfish bowl when bought, but since drying out(hairdryer in back cover) no problems. But what I did do is put a bag of silica gel in the lights just stuck on the inside of the cover with sticky fixers and no problems since:) (get them from shoe boxes etc)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members