Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

factory ipod dock is pants

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by Nath., Aug 7, 2009.

1. Nath.

Nath. The Gentlemans Express

I have the factory ipod dock and I think it's pants. I have done the play lists thing but I still have a hard job finding tracks and albums on my nearly full 80gb Ipod.

Can I downgrade to just the AUX in system and just use the IPod that way?

Anyone done this? where does the AUX cable plug into, is it at the back of the head unit?

I have searched but didn't find what I was after.

2. alx_chung

alx_chung Dark Lord of the Torque

Unfortunately its one or the other mate. You either have the factory iPod connection under the passenger seat or the Aux option (which is in the center console above the traction control and door lock buttons)
    The other options are to get an aftermarket stereo, MFD2 or 3 or a Denison link.
    Alex

3. mhill

It dont get much better on the Audi either :-(

However the system on the new sat nav units is brilliant, both sound quality & the full control.

4. MarkE

MarkE Acceptable in the 80s

I tend to have mine set to random and just play everything. If I want a specific album or track, I find it on the iPod itself and set it playing before I put it into the dock. Despite the dire warnings in the manual, I haven't killed the iPod yet by doing this.

It's not great, but it's better than nothing.