Faded paint

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
i noticed today while i was giving it its weekly clean that the paint is starting to faid slightly on the tops of the doors and the bonnet :cry: would a good t-cut and a polish all over solve this do you think or is there another method i should try? also i have noticed there is quite a lot of 'cobwebbing' on the paint, so any advice on how to get rid of this cheaply would be appreciated.

Paul

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Cupra Kid said:
i noticed today while i was giving it its weekly clean that the paint is starting to faid slightly on the tops of the doors and the bonnet :cry: would a good t-cut and a polish all over solve this do you think or is there another method i should try? also i have noticed there is quite a lot of 'cobwebbing' on the paint, so any advice on how to get rid of this cheaply would be appreciated.

Paul

Sounds to me like its a job for a professional - if it was me I would be applying some Mezerna polish with a random orbital but the investment if you do not already have one will be upwards of 200 quid. If you just want it for one specific purpose then call a professional - normally about 50 quid to deal with the type of problem that you have.

Mark

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
hi best thing is either take it to a bodyshop and get the whole car mopped or if you have some time buy some Farclea G3 cutting compound from you local motor factor.rub it quite hard like you would when polishing then apply a couple of coats of good wax polish.it will really shine afterwards

cheers
paul

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.