Fader on Bluetooth/MP3 stereo

Norway

My 2.0 TDI DSG Sport has the factory fitted Bluetooth / MP3 handsfree and stereo. It also has eight speakers (4 front, 4 rear). The problem is that I can't seem to find the fader allowing me to control the sound to the front and rear speakers. I did have a Stylance on loan with the standard stereo, and the Fader option was easily found as per the instruction manual. The MP3 stereo does not have this option, only Balance, Bass, Treble. Any ideas??

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Norway said:
My 2.0 TDI DSG Sport has the factory fitted Bluetooth / MP3 handsfree and stereo. It also has eight speakers (4 front, 4 rear). The problem is that I can't seem to find the fader allowing me to control the sound to the front and rear speakers. I did have a Stylance on loan with the standard stereo, and the Fader option was easily found as per the instruction manual. The MP3 stereo does not have this option, only Balance, Bass, Treble. Any ideas??

Hi Norway,
Here's how:

On top row above display press "AUDIO"
This changes function of bottom row of buttons (buttons are below display and button function is shown on bottom line of the dispaly) - press FADE - then adjust with Left/Right arrow buttons above Vol knob.

You have to carry this out fairly quickly, otherwise, the bottom buttons revert back to their normal function!

H.T.H
Cheers,
John.

Norway

That's where I expected to find the FADE softkey. But, it's not there!! (Only BALANCE, BASS, etc.).

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Norway said:

Hi Norway,

In that case, no idea! :confused:
It is certainly in that location on my car - only just got it last Thursday!
It is probably the same unit as yours - stereo with MP3 and bluetooth hands free.

John.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
It is possibel that its the balance. In a few cars I have seen it say balance, and it does left and right and front and rear depending which button you press

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
I'm pretty sure this has been dicussed in another thread. The fader option is only there before any phone connection has been made but then is disappears once the phone has connected to the bluetooth. As far as i'm aware the only was to get it back is to disconnect the phone and restart the stereo. Dont ask me why :shrug:

Rich

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Richie D said:
I'm pretty sure this has been dicussed in another thread. The fader option is only there before any phone connection has been made but then is disappears once the phone has connected to the bluetooth. As far as i'm aware the only was to get it back is to disconnect the phone and restart the stereo. Dont ask me why :shrug:

Rich

Hi Rich,
Fortunately, that's not the case with my unit - Fade is (currently) always there, with or without phone connected - (last soft key on right in Audio control mode).

On another point, still can't get my 6680 to download phonebook to car yet - no one has made any comment on my last post under "bluetooth compatability" :(
Cheers,
John.

_Steve

Jul 21, 2004
i have the same problem - the fader is intermittent in its appearance, with the majority of times it not being there.

I have got a new bluetooth module waiting at the dealers to try and fix the phone issues i'm having, and i'll mention the radio problems too. I'll let you know what they say.

Norway

Thanks Steve. My BT works fine, in fact it works brilliantly. Only problem (or, niggle, more like it) is that my wife and I both connect our mobiles and the car connects to the last used phone. So, when we're both in the car, the BT decides what phone to connect to. That's ok as such, but I wish there was a function to switch between available phones without having to turn the BT off the connected phone (which may be in the boot)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members