Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Wrapping from page 3.
Photoshoot on page 4.
My photobucket.

Hi guys,

Bought another Seat and already caught the modding bug so I guess I better get started with a thread!

I was originally after a cupra, however as I'm moving to Aberdeenshire, I need a diesel, so an FR TDi will have to do!

Got all of the usual FR features (cruise control, sunroof etc) but no xenons! Need to source some headlights and the obligatory LED number plate lights as well as the LED sidelights.

Anyhoo, I've already ordered up some wind deflectors and new shoes for her. I've got the dreaded DPF issue so it's getting mapped out this week. Currently running a stage 1 map, which seems that it will need replaced with another one. Oh well.

Looking at coilovers next and a touch screen double din head unit. Oh and I need to get debadging! Can't forget about the SCN sticker either.

I swore I'd keep it as standard as possible but I've been offered a bargain on a matte wrap... Matte orange maybe? Don't know yet! Knowing me though...

Anyway, here's some pics as she stands now.

In front of my mates new shisha bar that will be opening soon;

For some reason pics of my progress aren't working so heres a quick pict-o-summary...

Debadged:

Remapped:

Testing against a type r:

Team Heko wind deflectors:

LED number plate bulbs (big difference):

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
I know... But since I might (probably) be getting it wrapped, I can try something a little different. Going to have a think about it. Prioritizing first!

Going away up to Fraserburgh :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
My home toon. Why you going there?! The only stuff going on there is fishing with Philipinos these days!

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Cheers :)

I'm going to be teaching physics to the fisherman's children it seems :p I'm only there for a year. Fraserburgh academy is where I'll be posted. Finding decent accommodation is a pita!!! :(

I've tried looking in and around the area and not having much luck :(

Last edited:

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Thanks! Been looking at a few different splitters, I've sent the triple r dude a message on fb but he didnt get back to me. seen a couple on fleabay that look decent.

Just gutted the car out and gave it a good clean. And I got the tyres fitted & I debadged the car,

afterfocus_1372145331121.jpg

CameraZOOM-20130625180912180.jpg

Spotted a white FR with the cupra r style center exhausts and looked tempting...

But next up is the hopeful removal of the dpf tomorrow.

Last edited:

Zenfr

Jun 23, 2013
I've got the dreaded DPF issue so it's getting mapped out this week.

i just bought an fr tdi last week and the dpf light came on, but after driving it a little it went off. been a few days now and it hasn't came back on, did you have much trouble with yours?

Nice car, wasnt really keen on yellow but i think it looks nice now after seeing yours :p

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work

congrats! well as far as I gather, that means your dpf regenerated successfully. It should be fine for a while before it goes through another regen. Whereas mine hasn't gone off yet and I don't want to have to stare at a bloody light every time I drive the car so I'm getting it mapped out sooner rather than later.

Been recommended ecotune in Hillington (right next to my work place). Its getting done now so should be ready for tomorrow :D

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Go one eBay to contact triple R mate. That's what I did and then gave kev a phone. Paid for it through PayPal there and then and got it the next week.

Zenfr

Jun 23, 2013
yeah, im starting to put millers ecomax in every tank of diesel as ive heard good things about it and maybe will help keep the dpf clear. so far so good :p

never had a car remapped before, quite reluctant to do it however i am very tempted by the power gains and more mpg. Worried that i may get problems if i do get it remapped, as some say they are bad for the car and others say its harmless :S

i am trying to put some pics up of mine on here but it says i have to post 15 times lol

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
lol only 12 more to go!

Well I've remapped the last 3 cars I've had (this being the 4th) and I've never had any troubles with it! I say go for it.7

Eck I've already bought a different splitter :( this is the one I got:

$T2eC16ZHJHkFFmGy7Z72BRwLbFNOKQ~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:

Zenfr

Jun 23, 2013
did the clutch ever slip when you had the cars remapped? also wouldnt like my car to chuck out loads of black smoke lol

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
No clutch slip at all and both my previous diesels were over 100k miles. I didn't have black smoke tbh, I think that happens when you decat it. Remap is probably the single greatest thing you can do to your car imo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.