Fan not cutting in ?

Mharding

Hi Guys,

the radiator fan is not cutting in so car starts to overheat in traffic, have checked fuses etc, including the ones on top of the battery. Pulled the plug off the fan sensor switch on the radiator, it has 3 terminals, with the ignition on ,none of the wires appear to be live, I would expect at least one to be live, anyone know if this is correct, or which colour is “live” if any?

Any help appreciated

Thanks.

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
I might have an answer/suggestion for you tomorrow on this as dropped my Ibiza into a garage today for the same problem. The fuses on top of the battery are ok (new fuse holder installed last year after the common melting issue). I've not had time to investigate it further myself hence why using a garage now.

Mharding

After testing the voltage at various points, the power supply seemed to stop at the fan control module box by the headlight, so it may be that , going to test the box weekend.
meanwhile I've run a wire from the battery to the live on the fan plug ,going to a switch in the dashboard so I can manually turn them on lol.
Either way let me know what problem they found , I'll post something up if I get mine working properly weekend as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Garage have said it's a fan control module failure (amongst the million other things as well they picked up when doing a general review of the car!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.