Fan Style Washer Jets

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Our Leons come with pistol type sprays. A popular upgrade in Germany seems to be to swap these out for an OEM VAG fan type spray. What do we think here on the forum. They retail at about £12.00 per pair for unheated and £25 for heated.
Anyone with any experience of fans or pistol squirts? :confused:

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Fans for me. I think they're better than the water pistol type. My only worry is breaking something whilst trying to swap them over.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Fans for me too
My last car had them, much better than the 3 jet ones on my mk3
Plus the fans seem to use less water

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
When i went to media day i noticed a few things that i didnt like about the MK3

1.Water Jets
2. Steering wheel was thinner
3. Wipers back to old style ones

If you can fit the MK2 Fan style ones that would be a good upgrade

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
When you are used to 2 "pistol" jets coming out of the bodywork I was pleasantly surprised to see 4 coming out of the wipers.

Perhaps somebody can say why they thinks fans are so much better. Is it a big a leap forward as it was from my 2 to 4?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Wow 4! I've only got 3 each side. Imagine having lots and lots of fine ones how much more your life would be complete.
Seriously though, I think the spread is better and so wets the screen more effectively.
Open to thoughts though.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
When you are used to 2 "pistol" jets coming out of the bodywork I was pleasantly surprised to see 4 coming out of the wipers.

Perhaps somebody can say why they thinks fans are so much better. Is it a big a leap forward as it was from my 2 to 4?

Out of the wipers and four of them?

What windscreen are you looking through ;-)

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Now you've got me thinking, hope its not dementia :confused:

Only used the washers a couple of times, but I'm going out soon, so definitely have to double check.

Lol, don't worry I'm the same, was convinced the other day I had a aux port in the glovebox, when I checked I didn't

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Nice one guys. Im going to order these and get the dealer to put them in when the motor is in for its rattle fixing session

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon

Well I was 100% wrong, and 50% right!!!

Certainly not out of the wipers, but because they were so low looked like it. However I do have a total of 6 jets, which I assume is normal.

Couldn't check last night how they accomplish that, 6 separate nozzles or 2 nozzles with 3 jets each? My wife has now gone out in it, so can't check this morning.

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
Does anyone know if the wiring is there for the heating even if you don't have heated nozzles?

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone know if the wiring is there for the heating even if you don't have heated nozzles?

I thought they were standard on all models and the winter pack just gives you heating to the headlight washers on top

Last edited:

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
I thought they were standard on all models and the winter pack just gives you heating to the headlight washers on top

Mine were definately Iced this morning. Standard cars don't have headlight washers. catalogue I have says "Includes heated front seats, headlight washer system and heated front washer nozzles"

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Mine were definately Iced this morning. Standard cars don't have headlight washers. catalogue I have says "Includes heated front seats, headlight washer system and heated front washer nozzles"

You used to get headlight washers with the led headlights whatever model you had, although I don't think you do any more

I've not got the winter pack, but my washers are heated

Its easy to check, the washer tube leading up to the bonnet has a grey/blackish protective material cover round it, if you feel it with your fingers, if you have heated washers you can feel the power cable running up along inside with the washer tube

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
You used to get headlight washers with the led headlights whatever model you had, although I don't think you do any more

I've not got the winter pack, but my washers are heated

Its easy to check, the washer tube leading up to the bonnet has a grey/blackish protective material cover round it, if you feel it with your fingers, if you have heated washers you can feel the power cable running up along inside with the washer tube

Going to have a check of this when I get home. Would be a nice feature to have but I'm betting it's highly unlikely.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Couldn't check last night how they accomplish that, 6 separate nozzles or 2 nozzles with 3 jets each? My wife has now gone out in it, so can't check this morning.

On mine it's two nozzles with three in each.

I've not seen wipers like these before - are the replacements only available from SEAT?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise