Fan Style Washer Jets

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
You used to get headlight washers with the led headlights whatever model you had, although I don't think you do any more

I've not got the winter pack, but my washers are heated

Its easy to check, the washer tube leading up to the bonnet has a grey/blackish protective material cover round it, if you feel it with your fingers, if you have heated washers you can feel the power cable running up along inside with the washer tube

Do you have an early build car with the headlamp washers? I have headlamp washers but no winter pack and I'm sure I noticed a little bit of steam when I used the washer on the windscreen yesterday morning when it ws nice and cold.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Do you have an early build car with the headlamp washers? I have headlamp washers but no winter pack and I'm sure I noticed a little bit of steam when I used the washer on the windscreen yesterday morning when it ws nice and cold.

I don't have LED lights, headlamp washers or winter pack but noticed steam on the windscreen yesterday. I just put it down to the windscreen being colder than the screenwash. Sort of effect when you open a freezer in a warm kitchen.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

I don't have LED lights, headlamp washers or winter pack but noticed steam on the windscreen yesterday. I just put it down to the windscreen being colder than the screenwash. Sort of effect when you open a freezer in a warm kitchen.

Yes I have an earlier built car

If you noticed a little bit of steam its probably because of the reason GTTunney suggested, as the heating elements in the washer jets are so tiny as they are only ment to defrost the small metal nozzle and keep it free from ice, not heat the water

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Having owned a mk6 golf before this Leon, i would rather have the Leons 3 per side nozzles, purely because they are adjustable.

The fan jets in my golf sprayed too low on the screen.

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Having owned a mk6 golf before this Leon, i would rather have the Leons 3 per side nozzles, purely because they are adjustable.

The fan jets in my golf sprayed too low on the screen.

Can you adjust these new mk7 ones we are talking about?

I had fan ones on my mk2 and they were great much better than the nozzles on the mk3
They were adjustable too

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
The fans are adjustable with an Allen Key. I am due to receive one shortly and might just do a tear down for the forum.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
I have a 68 plate 290 lux and from day one i questioned the jets as they are so bad; not enough water getting onto the windscreen and way too low down. The dealer said that they were fine but i still wonder when i will get scratches appearing due to not having enough water sprayed up on the glass before the rubber wipes across. Are they adjustable?

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Yes!

No - simplest mod I've done to my car yet! Literally did it in my suit & tie in my morning coffee break!!!
Could you please tell me where you bought yours from and were they the heated type?

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Ebay from a VW dealer for mine

They were about £25 I think but weren’t heated

Take literally a minute to fit

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019
I just bought some off ebay for £6 (non-heated) - correct part no etc. Not got them yet but not expecting any issues. Nice easy cheap mod.

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
I got them from Listers as couldn't find genuine VW/Seat heated ones on eBay. Just completed an enquiry form on www.listers.co.uk and a kind & helpful gentleman called Andrew Westwood emailed me and sent me a payment link etc. all quite simple and hassle free!

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I got them from Listers as couldn't find genuine VW/Seat heated ones on eBay. Just completed an enquiry form on www.listers.co.uk and a kind & helpful gentleman called Andrew Westwood emailed me and sent me a payment link etc. all quite simple and hassle free!

How much did you pay and were they heated? Cheers!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
How much did you pay and were they heated?
Yes, heated - £33.40 inc VAT & postage. When you compare a genuine VAG product vs an eBay knockoff you'll appreciate the difference! I ordered unheated ones incorrectly and was amazed how naff they were so decided to go OEM!

PM me & I'll send you Andrew's email address.

Reactions: bgb and Walone

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Yes, heated - £33.40 inc VAT & postage. When you compare a genuine VAG product vs an eBay knockoff you'll appreciate the difference! I ordered unheated ones incorrectly and was amazed how naff they were so decided to go OEM!

PM sent mate

Oddmanout

May 19, 2019

Lol fair enough - at £6 I'm happy to take the risk that they'll be naff. If they are I won't do the mod as there's no way I'm paying OEM price (I'm too tight for that :D)!

z1ts

Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG
Sep 4, 2018
Bristol
Lol fair enough - at £6 I'm happy to take the risk that they'll be naff. If they are I won't do the mod as there's no way I'm paying OEM price (I'm too tight for that :D)!
I've tried really hard to find heated non-OEM ones eBay but haven't yet succeeded..... Let me know if you do find some.