FAO people with APEX lowered springs

dave parker

Nov 21, 2013
Can you guys help me out

Am trying to persuade myself that lowered springs will be exactly what i need for my 2013 Ibiza TOCA.

Trying my best not to have to get coilovers but am struggling to decide which springs.

Really wanted H&R 25/40 but i think that the rear sits too low on some pics, but awesome on others

Next best is 35mm springs all round but only really APEX available.

Eibach would be good apart from only 25mm so not low enough.

Can you post pics on here to show me how low your cars are and tell me which springs?

:p

Last edited:

MattMK5

Jul 7, 2013
That's just the angle of the picture mate.

I have H&R too and they do sit even, but same as above, not quite low enough or stiff enough for me so will be switching to coilovers.

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
H&R ON MY 2010 2.0 fr

it has settled a little more now, more like the white car at the top of the page

68A7A217-BD1D-4063-965B-0159A7736937_zpsh9pcrgx8.jpg

Last edited:

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
H&R are the best in my opinion as well. I had eibachs on my last fr and tbh you could hardly notice the difference. Pic below is of cupra with H&Rs.
aderu8uh.jpg

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

MattMK5

Jul 7, 2013
3urejaqe.jpg

That's the best side on view I have mate

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dave parker

Nov 21, 2013
Cheers guys

Sounds like you all are pleased with your H&R's!!!

Keep pics coming though

Also, I assume ther is no need for shorter droplinks with just springs?

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
Yeah happy with mine. I find it a little more bouncy however it's not as crashy as the standard setup if that's makes sense. Standard setup was terrible

dave parker

Nov 21, 2013
Just as a a comparison, has anyone got -30 or -35mm springs like Apex or similar?

Any pics would be great

miner69er

Aug 4, 2011
Hi Dave
both my car and the wifes have PI -30mm springs on, seriously happy with them, they are not overpriced like the other manufacturers and come with a lifetime guarantee from PI. (PI supply car manufacturers iirc) both cars are 1.4 n/a not cupra or fr models. the springs have done 13000 on mine (bit less on the wifes) the ride quality is fine and the stance of the car is right. if you get the -25/-40 then if you put anyone in the back seats the car squats badly to the rear that's why the rear sits slightly higher normally to cope with up to 150Kg sat on the rear seat. Sorry I do have pics but never post anything but words on-line.
Hope that's of some help to you.:D

dave parker

Nov 21, 2013
Can anyone with springs other than H&R please post their opinions and pics please?

Need to make a decision

:D