Faraday Pouch for my Cupra Lux - recommendations?

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
So really you don’t need a faraday bag ?

How long until the sleep kicks in ?

Thanks for reply :)
I don’t know how long until sleep kicks in.
A faraday pouch or similar is probably a worthwhile investment
It’s good there are the sleep and override functions though, which minimises the risks.

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
I don’t know how long until sleep kicks in.
A faraday pouch or similar is probably a worthwhile investment
It’s good there are the sleep and override functions though, which minimises the risks.
Just hope the insurance companies know and consider that before bumping prices up !

Cookie12

Mar 26, 2019
Just hope the insurance companies know and consider that before bumping prices up !

I think this is already happening. I ordered my lux in march and was being quoted 470 for the year. I was doing comparison quotes to see how much they were to insure as I didnt want pay a fortune. The 470 was with my current company hastings. That made my mind up to go for a cupra as it wasnt that much more than my golf at the time.

My actual renewal time has now come and comparison site quotes are now nearly 700 and my renewal letter from hastings was 980!!. No details have changed, no accidents, change of address, absolutely nothing. 39 years old, full no protected no claims etc

Rang hastings and they went through it all again and said the cheapest they could do was 610. So something has happened this last few months with the cupra's.

For interest I ran a quote through for my old golf and that was cheaper than last year. So that went down for me, but the cupra went up since my March quote.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Insurance companies consider lots of factors - not just car security features or risks.
It's likely that postcode, driving history, occupation, repair costs, mileage and claims among other data will have a strong impact on quotes.

I don't know what the stats are on accidents versus theft claims (and naturally there will be some overlap). I don't profess to be an insurance and risk expert. But actuaries use various statistics and mathematical techniques to analyse risk. That risk model is going to include damage to other vehicles and so on.
I think this is already happening. I ordered my lux in march and was being quoted 470 for the year. I was doing comparison quotes to see how much they were to insure as I didnt want pay a fortune. The 470 was with my current company hastings. That made my mind up to go for a cupra as it wasnt that much more than my golf at the time.

My actual renewal time has now come and comparison site quotes are now nearly 700 and my renewal letter from hastings was 980!!. No details have changed, no accidents, change of address, absolutely nothing. 39 years old, full no protected no claims etc

Rang hastings and they went through it all again and said the cheapest they could do was 610. So something has happened this last few months with the cupra's.

For interest I ran a quote through for my old golf and that was cheaper than last year. So that went down for me, but the cupra went up since my March quote.
quotes change all the time for various reasons. I got a quote about 6 months ago and was cheaper for cupra than current fr. I changed insurer and asked about cupra and prices had increased. Now they’re down to where they were - for me. And again no change in circumstances.
Best price was aviva who aren’t on comparison sites. But they could only give an approximate price without the reg.
some companies will hold the price for 1 to 3 months. So might be a way to beat any price increases. It’s a fluid market.
Edit. It’s reported that the best time to get renewal quotes is about 3 weeks before renewal. Your mileage may vary

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Insurance companies consider lots of factors - not just car security features or risks.
It's likely that postcode, driving history, occupation, repair costs, mileage and claims among other data will have a strong impact on quotes.

I don't know what the stats are on accidents versus theft claims (and naturally there will be some overlap). I don't profess to be an insurance and risk expert. But actuaries use various statistics and mathematical techniques to analyse risk. That risk model is going to include damage to other vehicles and so on.

Yes, lots of factors influence premiums quoted and charged by insurance companies, and some of these are probably factors we don’t consider when our premiums change.

The ‘insurance cycle’ influences premiums charged by insurers. The motor insurance market is cyclical and goes through alternating periods of loss and profit. During periods of loss, insurers will increase their underlying rating levels to restore profits. When they’ve achieved their target profit levels, they’ll then adjust their underlying rates to target ‘preferred’ market segments to grow their portfolio.

Underlying claims inflation, and the increasing cost of claims is something we all contribute to. Although insurers can influence car repair costs to some extent by negotiating agreed repair charges/costs with their approved repairers, they can’t control the cost of injury claims and compensating those who are injured in an accident, and a single injury claim can run into many hundreds of thousands of pounds (or more). The use of claims management companies also result in more expensive claims for insurers; a courtesy / loan car provided by a claims management company is likely to be equivalent to (or better) than the customer’s own car, and cost significantly more than a ‘standard’ courtesy car provided by an insurer’s approved repairer.

We all contribute to covering the cost of these factors. So, even if we’ve been fortunate enough not to have had a claim, there are some underlying factors that can (and do) influence our premiums.

Reactions: seatgraham

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

According to moneysavingexpert.com the cheapest time to get renewal quotes is 21 days before renewal.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise