Fault code 17608 boost pressure control valve

S33TNS

Hey.

Can anyone just confirm something for me. The managment light came on and I got the following code:

17608 boost pressure control valve

Is it a fault on the boost pressure control valve sensor?

S33TNS

-There was a problem with the boost when I first got the car. I was told by a turbo company that someone had been playing with the boost pressure, so manually turned it down. (I think this may have not been the problem) The car still has the problem just not as bad. Under harsh accelaration, the turbo keeps boosting in and out.

-The car does have a misfire which I associated with the ecu light. Basically every now and again it splutters. Like the turbo is going to kick in and then doesn't.

-The car doesn't feel down on power.

-Haven't checked hoses yet. Will do when the weather is better.

-The only thing changed under the bonnet was a forged dump/re-circulation valve. I put this on when I brought the car a year ago and have had no problems.

-Lastly, yes that sounds like the problem.

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Could possibly need to give the DV a service mate,had this problem earlier in the week,and after checking for leaks and finding none,i gave it a service and general clean up and the car is sorted again.Maybe it's not the answer to your problem but is surely worth doing anyway.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Your N249 value is more than likely fooked, also just because you have a a recirc dv for a year with no problems doesn't mean anything, i have my DV007p on nearly a year and it put my car into limp mode twice this week due to it sticking.

If i was you i would put the OEM dv back on temporarily and also either buy a new N249 value or a second hand one, in addition to this you can always do a N249 bypass, u may still get the error but you car will not suffer for it as the N249 in conjuction with the ECU will no longer be controlling when the DV dumps.

dandanibiza

May 7, 2012
Any outcome to this as this is the same code i got and the symptoms are the same to

Thanks

Danny

S33TNS

It was the dump valve causing the managment light to come on. The ecu doesn't like certain DV. There was no actual fault.

If you have a DV on, you can either get a code reader off ebay for around £20, and just keep reseting the light. Failing that, go back to a re circulating valve.

I had a forge splitter r that wasn't meant to upset the ecu, but it did. I then bought a universal hks one and thats been fine!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.