Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Fault code

Discussion in 'VAG-COM & Diagnostics' started by sam_88, Feb 6, 2017.

1. sam_88

sam_88 Active Member

Hi, I am looking for advice on my 2011 Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport. Was advised this would be a good place to start :)

I am a very new driver and this is my first car, I love it but recently had an accident :(

On investigation, the mechanic done a diagnostic report and the error code P1180 came up. I was hoping someone could tell me what this means and if this could have been an error before impact or after impact? I have very little knowledge of cars so any help would be appreciated.

When I crashed I was driving slow and my car just started spinning out of control from the rear when turning, had no idea why or how and feel I need to understand how this happened as can't see any error I myself had made, not to say that I didn't make an error of course! Would like to know if this could have been a mechanical fault like the mechanic said it may well be or if it is something I could possibly have avoided :(

Thanks in advance :)

2. SwinDan

SwinDan Active Member

That sounds to me like a dodgy O2 sensor ;)

So this wouldn't have contributed to your accident

#2 SwinDan, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. SwinDan

SwinDan Active Member

If you were driving slowly as you said and your tyres have reasonable tread then I would think that the road could have been to blame was it dry, wet, muddy or loose gravel even when mildly damp roads can be very greasy a lot of oil, grease and other crap go down on roads every day especially bad after a long dry period and a quick rain shower

4. sam_88

sam_88 Active Member

Thank you for the replies. Sorry if coming across clueless on these things lol but what is an o2 sensor? Could you explain a little bit more for me if possible?

It wasn't raining but the road was still wet from earlier in the day so I suppose that is possible then. Might sound silly but feel like I would like to know what had happened so I can prevent it happening again as it has cost me a lot of money and could have potentially been worse! Knocked my confidence slightly although I know I can drive, just gave me a fright!

Thank you :)