1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Fault code

Discussion in 'VAG-COM & Diagnostics' started by sam_88, Feb 6, 2017.

1. sam_88

sam_88 Active Member

Hi, I am looking for advice on my 2011 Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport. Was advised this would be a good place to start :)

I am a very new driver and this is my first car, I love it but recently had an accident :(

On investigation, the mechanic done a diagnostic report and the error code P1180 came up. I was hoping someone could tell me what this means and if this could have been an error before impact or after impact? I have very little knowledge of cars so any help would be appreciated.

When I crashed I was driving slow and my car just started spinning out of control from the rear when turning, had no idea why or how and feel I need to understand how this happened as can't see any error I myself had made, not to say that I didn't make an error of course! Would like to know if this could have been a mechanical fault like the mechanic said it may well be or if it is something I could possibly have avoided :(

Thanks in advance :)

2. SwinDan

SwinDan Active Member

That sounds to me like a dodgy O2 sensor ;)

So this wouldn't have contributed to your accident

#2 SwinDan, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  3. SwinDan

SwinDan Active Member

If you were driving slowly as you said and your tyres have reasonable tread then I would think that the road could have been to blame was it dry, wet, muddy or loose gravel even when mildly damp roads can be very greasy a lot of oil, grease and other crap go down on roads every day especially bad after a long dry period and a quick rain shower

4. sam_88

sam_88 Active Member

Thank you for the replies. Sorry if coming across clueless on these things lol but what is an o2 sensor? Could you explain a little bit more for me if possible?

It wasn't raining but the road was still wet from earlier in the day so I suppose that is possible then. Might sound silly but feel like I would like to know what had happened so I can prevent it happening again as it has cost me a lot of money and could have potentially been worse! Knocked my confidence slightly although I know I can drive, just gave me a fright!

Thank you :)