fault codes

S17EW O

just a quickie guys

had engine managment light flash up on my dash the other day

ran vag com today and got 3 codes, 1 about my n249 valve which doesnt worry me as i have totally removed it, although it is alttle strange as its been off for a few months and only just thrown up a fault....another about my catylic converter threshhold or something which i prosume is because of my dcat pipe and a final one saying......

mass air flow sensor, g70, signal too high. PO103-35-10---intermitent

which sounds like a problem!?!?

although the car seems to be running fine!?

S17EW O

I wish I could mate but what I have put on here is all I wrote down.....didn't really think if I'm honest and I've cleared the codes now! If I'm honest the only one I'm really worries about is the maf one.....

JamJay

California Bound
Well the Cat Theshold code should be the one that switched the EML on and yes, that's definitely because of your De-Cat. The car is trying to tell you that your OE Cats are broken. The others I can't comment on i'm afraid.

S17EW O

Well like I say that doesn't worry me....although a month or so ago it came on and it was the n249 valve that had chucked it up. How do people get around it if they have a blueflame system with a cat pipe for instance as I've just ordered one lol

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Jamjay is right, only the cat one would have put the light on. You may have had the N249 code ever since you removed it, but it obviously isn't considered enough of a fault to warrant a light. The MAF is similar, my mate drove with a failed MAF for miles without seeing a light. The only time we knew about it is when we ran VAG-COM.

I don't believe your MAF has failed just yet, but it is failing. At the moment the fuel trims should be able to cope with the odd signals, but as soon as they go out of limits, the car will start to feel a bit sluggish. Again, you won't notice much as it's such a gradual drop. Your fuel economy might suffer a little, but not so you'd notice.

I'd check the codes again in a week or so, even if the light doesn't come back on. You should find the N249 and MAF codes come back.