Faulty mounted Cupra diffuser, need advise

RuggedSeat

Aug 3, 2017
Europe
Hi, I have a Seat Leon FR 1.8 TSI 5F tuned to 231 hp and 330 nm. Plus a MK7 Golf GTI catback exhaust is mounted.

It was in a accident I got hit by a car from behind. I needed a new rear bumper and so on.

I went to the place where I bought the car to get it fixed, and I asked if they could put a Cupra bumper instead of FR bumper and I was willing to pay the difference.

They said no problem we will fix it and it but you have to pay the differences which I did.

When the car was finished I noticed something was wrong whit the diffuser because you should be able to see it while standing, you don't have to bend under the car. It was closing time so I didn't get the chance to do something about it so I just took my car.

Note that this is an AUTHORIZED SEAT/VAG DEALER.

They had skipped to put a plastic piece which is supposed to hold the diffuser in place, it has clips and so on but that piece did I get home. I didn't know that it was supposed to be on the car (and the piece is wrong because it only have exhaust output on left side so it is for FR but it's behind the bumper).

So they didn't only skip putting that important piece but they ordered wrong one which is obvious.

On top of everything they used CABLE TIES to fasten the diffuser!

So this is how it looks...

315ef527d296cabffa581cc09383f887.jpg

9438453cf4d8bf0ae0adc54b416296bf.jpg

7e16d0bc013a0a24712b56e83fcadf9c.jpg

What would you do? They told me to cut the plastic piece wich shouldn't be cut and definitely not by me. They got money from my insurance and me! It's their job to fix it.

So when I have cut an exhaust hole will they mount the piece but you can't cut it, if it gets cut almost half the piece must be cut.
They need to order the right part. Does anybody know which part I mean? I don't have picture on it but I will take and post it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.