Feeling flat

Black Pig

Have had a slow puncture on one of my front tyres for a couple of weeks. Yesterday morning found it was completely flat. Lovely start to the day changing a wheel at 6.45am :cry: . Went to tyre place and got two brand new front tyres fitted.
Got to the car this morning and the brand new tyre that replaced the completely flat one looked a bit soft so i checked the pressure. I found that the pressure was down a bit compared to the other new front so ambient temperature would not seem to explain it.
The place i go to get my tyres done is very good usually.
Was wondering if a crack in the alloy or a scuff on the alloy is allowing any air to escape. The tyre shouldn't be the issue and it is too much of a coincidence to get two dodgy tyres in a row.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
get the bowl of soapy water out and throw it around the valve and rim and look for bubbles. You might find it that way. also take the valve cap off and make sure the valve itself isn't leaking.

fuey

i wana go faster
Jan 12, 2004
north west
uk.geocities.com
Take it back to them, they'll have a large bowl for checking.... (a place near me did).
It could be that the glue round the tyre hadn't set/gone off before mounting the alloy.
(it happened on a previous set i had a few years back) They should be able to check for u in 10 mins, saves u having to get dirty.