Few pics of new to me LCR

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
Hello all,

Took a bit of convinving not to buy another Golf but after mk5 and mk6 GTi and a R32, I test drove an LCR and there was no turning back so picked this up last week;

DSCF1513.jpg

DSCF1512.jpg

Spent hours cleaning it yesterday with 2 coats of SRP, followed by 3 coats of Dodo blue velvet pro.
Managed to get the outer exhaust back to shiny with a lot of elbow grease. The insides need a bit more work.

Added Ipod craddle to cup holder and load liner for boot so only boring bits at the minute. Need some rubber mats next for winter. Can't believe Seat don't make them? And my golf ones don't fit!

Just ordered some cleaner for the leather and need to sort the aerial as it is ugly. I assume the latest short Polo one will fit?

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
Thanks guys. Really pleased with it so far apart from the inadequate reverse light when trying to reverse at night!

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
What's the LCR like over the mk5 gti/R32 mate???

I bought the GTi as I couldn't stomach the costs of the R32 tax fuel etc.. but then 10 months later gave in and bought one with the recaros. They are lovely for noise and a special car but feel very heavy, require big speeds to feel like you have the car on its toes and cost a lot to run for the performance they offer. I did love it as it felt like an occasion to drive it but on a dry day a Ed30 would be quicker as would a LCR and I did miss turbo boost.

I then had a mk6 GTi which are brilliant as they are cheap to tax, do 39mpg when the mrs is in the car and are still brisk before mods. When I had to replace the mk6 I spent 3 months searching for a 5dr with the right spec and could not find one and then looked at Cupra R. Its obviously quicker, a proper 5 door and comes with all the kit that is optional on a GTi. You obviously notice interior plastics are cheaper but not as much as I thought.

Had a mk3 Ibiza Cupra before and that was one of my favourite cars so not a stranger to Seat.

MK1 LCR's are great, 2 friends have them in different states of tune and they are quick cars.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Yes, Canbus friendly, no problem with warning lights. The only quirk is it flickers a few times when the ignition is turned on, probably due to the Control Module checking the circuits.
Agree. never had a problem other than the flickering on start up (which the GF thinks is "cute" :blink: ) and its a lot better for reversing with! :)

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Cracking car mate :) Welcome to the LCR club :)

As Graeme says welcome to the LCR club

IMHO aswell you have got the best colour

Didn't you both say you wouldn't go for a cupra R because it was an extra £2k just for leather seats and 19" wheels?

Or has the price of them started to come down a bit?

Not trying to have a go, just genuinely interested that's all.

To the OP, that is a very nice car.

DMcG

Oct 5, 2012
Kent
I like the colour. Originally went for a track grey one in Wales but I was the second call on the day it went on at 10:00 am and someone beat me to it. This one turned up locally and is the same colour as one at work which has grown on me so had to get it.

Ordered reverse bulb this morning, need some rubber mats, prefereably tailored ones now. Anyone recommend any?

Seen these:

http://www.carmats4u.com/Seat-Leon-...r-Car-Mats/pid,10965,cid,2003925,product.html

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Beautiful machine, no wonder. Unfortunately for us, here in Mexico we could only dream of it, as they only offered the "regular" Cupra as the top of the line León. Congrats, mate :)

Anyway, if you're looking for the OEM rubber mats, here's their part number:

1P1061500 041

55.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

I must admit they're not as good looking as the Monster mats are, but they certainly do their job better than most aftermarket mats and fit perfectly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.