Finally got round to getting rid of atmos dump valve

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
As the title suggests i've finally got round to removing my atmos dump valve and replaced it with a Bailey DV30.

The difference is definately noticeable anyway, throttle response seems to have picked up!

I'm gonna miss being able to scare oap's thou, the bailey is def nowhere near as loud but i suppose it is a hell of a lot better for my engine!!! ;)

baileydv30.jpg

baileysticker.jpg

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
well phil it is a possibility that it's in the wrong way, i just plumbed the ****er in the same way as my atmos was and it's working away fine!!!!

And as for the split r, they are fine if you've got the cash to buy one but i came across this bailey for a very reasonable price considering it's brand new!!!! ;)

May 2, 2006
well phil it is a possibility that it's in the wrong way, i just plumbed the ****er in the same way as my atmos was and it's working away fine!!!!

And as for the split r, they are fine if you've got the cash to buy one but i came across this bailey for a very reasonable price considering it's brand new!!!! ;)

swap it round the other way

weemzer

Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
Yeah pint taken, i've just turned it around and you're all right, it does sound a hell of a lot better!! my bad 4 bein a donkey!!!!:blink:

cuprarstevefitz

hi guys a little help if you could, ive had my lcr for just over 2 years and the time has come to move on as i want to start saving to buy a house, so lcr up for sale but unfortunatly i have an atmos dump valve that i would like to remove to ease the sale.

as i didnt install it im not to sure on how to remove it and re-plumb the old 1. would appreciate some help and advice.

Also look out for car up for sale soon if anyone is interested

cuprarstevefitz

the existing dump valve looks like its just been blanked off with a t piece would i just need need to recconnect that again so itl all be back to standard? just been to skoda to get a quote for removal and i need to replace the top intercooler pipe that the valve is cut into so it looks standard again rather than just blanking it off but they quoted me £79 + vat for the pipe, thats from seat though, any idea of where or if i can get it for cheaper?

i know off a lot of people on here say that atmospheric dump valves arnt suppossed to be the way to go for these engines and esp as i want to sell it i want it to appeal to the masses and not look like its been boy racered!!

as i only do 8000 miles a year i dont feel im getting the full use from the car esp as what they are capable of, so its time to grow up a little and get something a little more economical as i want to get on the property ladder

cuprarstevefitz

just got a fax of the assembly diagram how do i put an image up?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.