Financing a Cupra 300 SC

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Yeah I think at the time I got the car I had an ex that was in Northampton which was an hour each way from Nottingham so my 1.4 turbo corsa wasn’t really cutting it in efficiency and comfort, the Seat cabin is a great place to be, it’s not without the occasional rattle but it’s certainly not a million miles away from VW.

I think just flesh out all the costs and hypotheticals, could you afford it if your circumstances changed in terms of work etc, I lost my job in Feb but through the sale of the corsa had all but paid for my lease upfront in terms of savings so knew I wouldn’t have a fall out whilst finding a new job.

The GTI seems like a great package especially the MK7.5 adding virtual cockpit which is number 1 on my list of tech requirements but I’d certainly recommend Seats to anyone looking for a more affordable middle market car.

Let me know what you decide when you get there but I’d certainly give an FR a test drive if you haven’t already, I think you’ll be surprised of the feel of the power going from a 1.2 as I was going from 120ps to 181

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Seat Leon Cupras and Rs for years - my Cupra 280 was a brilliant car. I wanted more power so looked at a Focus RS - Ford dealership was crap, no hint of a discount, saleswoman seemed disinterested and the interior was diabolical. So I went across the road to VW and test drove an R - what a car! My Leon was good but the Golf is another level - did a deal - got £5k of extras for free, ordered and put a deposit down there and then! Only thing that lets it and the Cupra down is the engine noise has no character and VW have dropped the three door manual so I’m hunting for a manual BMW M2 now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Yeah I’ve noticed that’s there’s very few of the one that I want, preferably the 300 SC with a manual but I could possibly be swayed for a 290, but definitely has to be three doors! So impractical but I love them.

Yeah I’ll definitely be taking someone with me, just need to find the car now, oh and sell my current one

Love three doors but as VW are dropping them, I’m looking elsewhere.
8317c632842f7933ddb80be288e45a62.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Are they completely scrapping the 3 door versions of the golf and Leon altogether then? Much prefer 3 door hot hatches to 5

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Are they completely scrapping the 3 door versions of the golf and Leon altogether then?
Ordering for Leon SC closed on 16th April, as posted here.

Golf will likely follow suit as VAG have already stopped production of 3dr A3, Beetle, Ibiza and Polo.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I was told I got one of the last 300 SCs... Registered and collected on 27th July...
26447928e2136c01d76d3b8154de27dc.jpg

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Really hope so! What’s it like day to day? Actual fuel consumption, comfort, etc

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Really hope so! What’s it like day to day? Actual fuel consumption, comfort, etc

It’s more comfortable than my 2016 Polo GTI was and it’s *almost* as good on fuel.

That average is based on all sorts of driving, from hammering the B Roads through to motorway cruising, both with and without a car load of passengers and/or camping gear..!

df286255e9434f27d4668f17bd1b6150.heic

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Not as bad as I was expecting then! Will post a pic on here when I have it, love the colour of yours

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Not as bad as I was expecting then! Will post a pic on here when I have it, love the colour of yours

Thank you - I originally ordered it in Mystery Blue but changed my mind.

Monsoon Grey was the other option I considered - it’s a really nice colour.

The fuel economy is fantastic if you drive it “normally”, I can quite easily get over 40mpg on a long run. It does drink a bit if you have a heavy right foot, but the smile that it puts on your face more than makes up for it. For me it’s the perfect combination of a sensible, practical car during the week (for work), and a hooligan at the weekends when I have a bit of time on my hands and a nice empty stretch of country road..!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I really like the eclipse orange, monsoon grey and not sure what the actual name for the black is but I have seen about two of them and they were only 5 door. I know it’s more practical having 5 doors but I’m never in the back so doesn’t bother me!

I suppose my right foot can be a bit heavy depending on the road like you say really looking forward to it but the days are going so slowly!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I really like the eclipse orange, monsoon grey and not sure what the actual name for the black is but I have seen about two of them and they were only 5 door. I know it’s more practical having 5 doors but I’m never in the back so doesn’t bother me!

I suppose my right foot can be a bit heavy depending on the road like you say really looking forward to it but the days are going so slowly!

Mate, I originally ordered mine back in October last year and only picked it up a couple of weeks ago so I know how you feel..!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Thank you - I originally ordered it in Mystery Blue but changed my mind.

Monsoon Grey was the other option I considered - it’s a really nice colour.

The fuel economy is fantastic if you drive it “normally”, I can quite easily get over 40mpg on a long run. It does drink a bit if you have a heavy right foot, but the smile that it puts on your face more than makes up for it. For me it’s the perfect combination of a sensible, practical car during the week (for work), and a hooligan at the weekends when I have a bit of time on my hands and a nice empty stretch of country road..!

Here you go... This was my trip from Worcester to Coventry this morning. I wasn’t being particularly careful with the throttle but I wasn’t driving it like an idiot either

73d8a5a519da24f9da01da1f1999a39d.jpg

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Christ such a long wait! I’m getting mine with 5k miles on the clock already so not too bad really. And thanks for the pic, seems like it can be fairly decent with fuel economy, I’m getting about 42mpg with my 1.2 Ibiza at the moment.

Going to just use Tesco momentum or shell V power when I get the cupra, I’m sure I read that SEAT recommends a higher ron number for the fuel it uses

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Just noticed the fuel gauge and that’s the first thing I’ve seen about the cupra that I dislike!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Christ such a long wait! I’m getting mine with 5k miles on the clock already so not too bad really. And thanks for the pic, seems like it can be fairly decent with fuel economy, I’m getting about 42mpg with my 1.2 Ibiza at the moment.

Going to just use Tesco momentum or shell V power when I get the cupra, I’m sure I read that SEAT recommends a higher ron number for the fuel it uses

The Cupra likes 98 RON or higher (ie. Super Unleaded). I use Tesco Momentum as I’ve got 2 superstores near me. It’s quite happy with 97 RON and it’ll chug along on ‘normal’ unleaded if you get stuck, but you’ll lose a bit of performance and I would only use it as a last resort to get you home..!!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Christ such a long wait! I’m getting mine with 5k miles on the clock already so not too bad really.

Mine had similar mileage on it when I picked it up. Nicely run in I think.

41454a15535e43300eec36b43693b693.jpg

Going to just use Tesco momentum or shell V power when I get the cupra, I’m sure I read that SEAT recommends a higher ron number for the fuel it

Only got a BP garage near me that does Super Unleaded (97 RON). That’s the best within about 30 miles so no Shell V power or Tesco Monentum

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I will compare the V power to the Momentum and see if I can notice a difference at some point yeah will use the normal stuff in emergencies only!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.