Financing a Cupra 300 SC

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
73d8a5a519da24f9da01da1f1999a39d.jpg

Standard Dash on my 67 plate Cupra. Ido like the new dash but agree the fuel gauge looks bad!!

Reactions: Tully1980

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Lovely colour as well mate! Never really been too keen on red cars but that shade of red really suits the cupra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Lovely colour as well mate! Never really been too keen on red cars but that shade of red really suits them

I originally wanted the Mystery Blue and was looking to order a new one when I noticed this one at my local dealers. Took it for a run and found it was a DSG with heated leather seats (drivers electric) and Seat sound. First time I hit the kick down I was sold. The colour pops in the sun as well.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I’ve gone for a manual as the DSG has never really interested me, then again I’ve never actually tried it so i might even prefer it lol. I’m so excited to pick it up!!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017

The curved gauge in the pre-2018 Cupras is much nicer fair play. I can live with mine though

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I’ve gone for a manual as the DSG has never really interested me, then again I’ve never actually tried it so i might even prefer it lol. I’m so excited to pick it up!!

I originally wanted a Manual but my dealer only had a DSG to test. I loved it so much I ordered a DSG.... The box is so good! I’ve got paddle extensions on mine too, so I can still have a lot of fun in Manual mode

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I’ve gone for a manual as the DSG has never really interested me, then again I’ve never actually tried it so i might even prefer it lol. I’m so excited to pick it up!

I’ve always been a manual guy too. This was my first DSG and I was a bit nervous on my first run out. Now it’s just normal to me. I still use the paddles now and again and the kick down can be brutal and does cause a bit of torque steer but you soon get used to it. I agree with what my dealer said before I got in it for the first time “Once you’ve driven a DSG you won’t go back to a manual...”.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I originally wanted a Manual but my dealer only had a DSG to test. I loved it so much I ordered a DSG.... The box is so good! I’ve got paddle extensions on mine too, so I can still have a lot of fun in Manual mode

The DSG box is good. The only problem I have is that it sometimes doesn’t change down to what I think is the correct gear for roundabouts etc but that’s what the paddles are for.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
I think a lot of people (myself included) prefer the ‘involvement’ of a manual. I think if I was lucky enough to live somewhere where I could take advantage of it every day, I probably would have stuck to a manual.

However, the majority of my day to day driving involves stop-start traffic and motorways, so the DSG just made more sense to me and I don’t regret it one bit..!

Reactions: xyz

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
The DSG box is good. The only problem I have is that it sometimes doesn’t change down to what I think is the correct gear for roundabouts etc but that’s what the paddles are for.

Yep. That and knocking it down a few gears to hear the gunfire out of the back

Reactions: Maypack

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I was wondering what the paddles actually did in regards to the dsg, is it simply click one to go up and the other to go down a gear? And without them does the car just change gear itself? I’ve never really understood any of it!

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
I would happily have the new dash. Unfortunately I haven’t got it but I’m happy with my lot. I’m sure my next one will have it.

My SEAT dealer has just sent me the personal video and mine has the new dash in it! I didn’t even realise that SEAT had it, I thought it was a VW and Audi thing. What are the stock exhausts like when you rev it stationary? Not going to be a chav don’t worry just wondering so I can piss off my family if they annoy me

Reactions: xyz

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
I was wondering what the paddles actually did in regards to the dsg, is it simply click one to go up and the other to go down a gear? And without them does the car just change gear itself? I’ve never really understood any of

Correct, flick one Togo up and the other to go down a gear. If you want to change down to overtake you actually need to accelerate otherwise the box thinks you are slowing down and the change will feel laboured.

If you flick the paddles the gear change goes from auto to manual. If you continue to drive with no more manual changes with the paddles the box reverts back to auto.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
If you flick the paddles the gear change goes from auto to manual. If you continue to drive with no more manual changes with the paddles the box reverts back to auto.

You can put it into manual mode (so that it won’t revert back). Just push the stick to the left when you’re in Drive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members