Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
I'm getting the best quotes through carwow at the moment.
I'm getting around 5% off list price for the car and spec I'm looking at through carwow. Not as much as I'd hope, but still a reduction nontheless.

If you're only getting 5% I'd suggest your getting a bad deal. As indicated earlier you should be able to find suppliers offering c.18/19% off list price, which means base price of around £19,200 with tech pack included...

Last edited:

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
'You' don't have to. Let one of the brokers find the deal for you!

Take a look at the gbcardeals.com website as an example. I think you'll like what you see... Other brokers are available but this is how I nearly bought mine in March. Only reason I didn't was I found even better value with a 5 month old pre-reg with just 8 miles on the clock through Autoworld Seat in Chesterfield.

You could phone a couple of dealers yourself to find out if they'll get close/match pricing, but suspect these discounts result from agreements with fleet departments rather than retail salesman so it's unlikely.

Just make sure you select a model WITH technology pack added to the model description as it isn't an FOC option going down this route.

Happy shopping!!

LaChab

Jun 18, 2014
I've just had mine delivered having bought through broker4cars.

I had excellent service from them, and dealt directly with the SEAT dealer.

I see they're currently offering 4/5k off list (and you get discount on options), and the price includes delivery.

scoobiesnacks

gbcardeals are quoting £18244 for an FR 2.0 184 with tech pack, they say thats 19% off list price
has anyone had a better price?

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobiesnacks

brokers4cars quoting £18442 on their website with tech pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
It's great quoting all these prices, but I'd be interested to know if any of you have actually bought from one of these brokers and how you felt the deal went.

Be positive! I'm sure you'll be offered the same price as displayed on the website. All the broker is doing is linking you to a dealer with whom they have an agreed discount and ******** fee.

You and scooby can both relay your experiences after you collect your cars, because I doubt you'll find a better price elsewhere and that's a whole lot of car at the discounted rate...

LaChab

Jun 18, 2014
Like I said before, I've actually bought my new ST 184 from broker4cars, and I thought they were really helpful.
And you get put in touch with the SEAT main dealer as well, which I found very reassuring.

Give them a ring!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Plenty of people bought their cars through a broker on this website. Many of the new cupra owners are going through brokers and posting their experiences at the moment. There's very little or next to no negative feedback on this forum going this way.

Its entirely up to you if you prefer a 5% or 19% discount but the deals are out there if you really want them.

I bought my car through drivethedeal a year ago. All they do is put you in touch with the dealer and everything else goes as a normal car purchase. Fully recommended by me. My discount was 19.5% and I don't regret it one bit.

scoobiesnacks

The broker deals on new cars are making the used prices on up to 1 year old SCs look terrible.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I'm up to 13.5% discount now after a bit of phoning round. That's a fully loaded 184HP diesel, only missing the body kit really. I might just be applying for a loan tonight!

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
When I ordered mine in march SEAT were doing 0%apr with 50% deposit. Then on top they had £1k deposit contribution. Worth asking around before getting big loan.

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
When I ordered mine in march SEAT were doing 0%apr with 50% deposit. Then on top they had £1k deposit contribution. Worth asking around before getting big loan.

Still doing the 0% apr with 50% deposit but not the £1000 deposit contribution any more. Ordered mine last month and did ask about it. Think all latest offers finish at end of this month.

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Brokers or carwow are definitely the best routes, anyone who has bought a Leon at RRP or hasn't got a discount more than 1k (excluding finance contributions) off the list price has been severely ripped off.

Got 2.6k + the 1k finance contribution off my cupra through carwow. If you're worried about ordering through a broker you can always take a broker quote to a main dealer and get them to match it, then walk away if they won't.

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
GBCarDeals.com so far the best quote. It's a newish company though (little over 1 year) and I can't help wondering if the deal is too good to be true...

Not had any dealings myself but may be somebody on here has dealt with them?
Just for info I dont live that far from where there office is and do know what the area and building is like. Its just older type office block building that lets out offices to all sorts of small companies. Area is not that up market but nothing wrong with that as probably just getting a good deal on office rental having their place centered where it is.
Would only be an hours drive from you to go and suss them out!

Buzzlightyear

Mar 17, 2014
For anyone else looking for deals on these beauties a quick trawl on autotrader suggests another batch of pre-reg 63 plate cars are available. Good option for anyone wanting quick delivery of well spec'd car from a main dealer with just delivery miles on the clock.

£19k if anyone's interested...

Ewan

May 7, 2008
GBCarDeals.com so far the best quote. It's a newish company though (little over 1 year) and I can't help wondering if the deal is too good to be true...

Given Buyacar do the same spec for £18550 probably OK

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.