Finishing a smoothed airbox

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I definitly going to increase the size of the fog light entry point, ive seen scoops to tidy up the hole, usually on a Sapphire Cosworth and Calibra. Any one know where to buy them,

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Why is it that when I see pictures like this, I think if winter floods and a story from last year when CoxW was caught by a flash flood with water up to Door Sill level :think: hope it never an issue for you guys :shrug:

airfeed28vp.jpg

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I've seen 2 Megane Coupes recently who've done this. Wonder if they went out in last night's thunderstorms where the puddles were over 1 foot deep in places!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Its something to bear i mind thats for sure. I now in a lucky position that the LCR will only be used for best. With one eye on the weather forecast..;)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Empi5 said:
Its something to bear i mind thats for sure. I now in a lucky position that the LCR will only be used for best. With one eye on the weather forecast..;)

IIRC correctly for CoxW it was a flash flood under a bridge on a dual carriageway, no way to turn round or avoid the water..........

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
DPJ said:
The engine would just suck it straight in.

Hhmm i will have to re-think where i direct my CAI then?

I was going to put it in the bottom section under the fog light where there is no mesh/grille but i dont think that will work now :think:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
It always worries me too - and my CAI filter is down there, not in the engine bay.

But I'm careful where i drive. I don't think that there is anywhere i regularly drive that i am not aware of as a flood risk, but those areas i am i avoid in heavy weather.

If it looks even remotely deep, i go round it or turn around. Sometimes i look like a tw*t dodging a 3inch puddle hehe

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Ruddmeister said:
It is, you may get a flexi down there but the rigid Carbonio and the Forge version won't fit.

When Forge had my car in to fit the FMIC they tried and it didn't work.

yea i knew they did with someones LCR but couldnt remember who! ;)

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
iv drilled a drainage hole in the bottom of my airbox, found it collected quite a bit from the spray on the roads from cars in front, with the hole it works quite well at keeping it dry

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
CupraSteve said:
iv drilled a drainage hole in the bottom of my airbox, found it collected quite a bit from the spray on the roads from cars in front, with the hole it works quite well at keeping it dry

All the time you're running, the airbox will be sucking air up through the hole, not letting water out.

Water doesn't seem to collect in mine, I reckon it's being ingested as water vapour.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Empi5 said:
I definitly going to increase the size of the fog light entry point, ive seen scoops to tidy up the hole, usually on a Sapphire Cosworth and Calibra. Any one know where to buy them,

How about something like this? $15 the pair (1 each side?)

mod1-vi.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members