First Mods

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
Hi Guys,

My car does have 3 years extended warranty left so I wouldn't want any big mods ATM. It's a stock 2018 Leon Cupra 300 DSG. I was considering upgrading to RS6 sparkplugs but wasnt sure as the Car is stock and not mapped.

When I get some funds I will get some PS4s tyres for the car.

I'm unsure about dogbone mount as at the moment do not want to compromise ride quality.

Would an upgraded air filter damage the warranty by any means. if not then that is something I would consider. Do you guys notice much difference in performance with an upgraded air filter?

Would be nice to add some real carbon fiber within the cabin, maybe gearshift.

I have been looking at side skirts and front lips also. Black ones would look nice as my car is grey.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Ryan.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
would not waste my time with changing spark plugs on a 2018 stock engine car, would be a waste of money

air filters not my bag either anything that lets more foreign particles in that have the potential to damage the turbo I wouldn't be interested in either and will most certainly void any warranty

stick with styling mods I would say, some OEM sideskirts would be a nice addition

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi Guys,

My car does have 3 years extended warranty left so I wouldn't want any big mods ATM. It's a stock 2018 Leon Cupra 300 DSG. I was considering upgrading to RS6 sparkplugs but wasnt sure as the Car is stock and not mapped.

When I get some funds I will get some PS4s tyres for the car.

I'm unsure about dogbone mount as at the moment do not want to compromise ride quality.

Would an upgraded air filter damage the warranty by any means. if not then that is something I would consider. Do you guys notice much difference in performance with an upgraded air filter?

Would be nice to add some real carbon fiber within the cabin, maybe gearshift.

I have been looking at side skirts and front lips also. Black ones would look nice as my car is grey.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Ryan.

Check the small print in your warranty policy document; it should say whether or not modifications will invalidate the warranty - it’ll probably be under the ‘exclusions’ section in the warranty policy document.

If the position regarding modifications isn’t clear, then either Seat (if it’s the extended Seat warranty you’ve got) or the insurance company that underwrites the warranty should be able to provide clarification.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.