First service

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi peeps

Taking her in for her 1st service and a couple of questions.

Obviously how much you reckon it will cost? The guy at the dealership said about 2 hours work.

2nd question.

What oil is used by the dealers? Is it advisable to buy better grade stuff or is the 'bulk standard' any good? I was thinking of 5 litres of Mobil1 5w30 for VW 507 00. Halfords got it for £50. Sounds a bit steep. Not sure which route to take.

I'm also having some extras added. Yum! :D

New gear knob, dashboard and centre console all in aluminium finish, front and rear mud flaps and the S/S door seal guards.

They're gonna fit this at the same time as the service.

TBH, I can't wait! ;)

Thanks.

Andy

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
First service is 0.9 hours book time.

Use 505.01, dealer may well use Quantum platinum which is just fine.

Price for the service should be roughly 100 - 120

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ah thanks Techie :)

I can only assume he has stated two hours because of the fitting of the other stuff.

I've used the 507 00 grade oil as top up because it is listed as suitable in my handbook. That said, the 505 01 you recommend is also stated. Any difference between the two?

Thanks again mate ;)

Andy

gaffer1986

According to the owners manual you only need to use 507 oil if your car has a DPF.
Bigman 75
Out of interest, what fuel economy are you getting out of the 1.9 PD TDI engine now you have done 10 000 miles. Has it got much better since new?
Thanks
gaffer1986

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Ah mine has the DPF, hence why I've previously used 507 as top up.

My current mpg is around 60. The other day, being gentle, I got 63.4 avg. I thought it was quite impressive. If I boot it through the gears I generally get around 50 mpg.

I did an recent run on the M5 south and doing 70mph I was achieving 57mpg. I'm very jealous of the peeps with the ecomotive getting around 70mpg though!

Hope this info helps. TBH, alot of it is relative to your style of driving, distance travelled etc. My run to work is about 20 miles and it's a mix of 30 - 70 mph.

Cheers

Andy

gaffer1986

I have around 1500 miles on my 1.6 TDI CR now and although i got 70 mpg on my first drive back from M1 autos in london to colchester (75 mile trip).
I now struggle to get more than 45mpg at a constant 70 mph on the A12.
Thinking its gots something to do with its low mileage tight engine.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Overall, I would say the mpg has improved with mileage.

You're not the only 1.6 CR owner to notice lower MPG. I'm sure given time and mileage yours will improve :)

Awra best

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Ah my appologies I didnt know your car had a DPF, then yes you were using the correct oil and my information was wrong, sorry about that.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Just to point out for top up 505.01 would have been fine. You are allowed to use up to a litre of any engine oil per oil change to top up the level. After all some oil regardless of grade is better than none.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I just wanted to let peeps know about my service today Seat Barlows, Wolverhampton.

It cost £75 + VAT. I also had some 'trim' items added and the fitting on this has been very neatly done. On top of this they also gave it a wash and polished the glass too. The staff were attentive, helpful and kept me supplied with tea and coffee during the wait.

All in all a very good day and the car is purring lovely! I tell you, it was just like getting in an new car again! :)

It's being taken on a good run to the Welsh coast on Friday :D

Cheers

Andy

Dec 3, 2009
LOL! £120 sounds right for a service! My old Polo 2nd service was £300 from VW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? on my 3rd service i took my old polo to Seat did it for £128! :D

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
Ah mine has the DPF, hence why I've previously used 507 as top up.

My current mpg is around 60. The other day, being gentle, I got 63.4 avg. I thought it was quite impressive. If I boot it through the gears I generally get around 50 mpg.

I did an recent run on the M5 south and doing 70mph I was achieving 57mpg. I'm very jealous of the peeps with the ecomotive getting around 70mpg though!

Hope this info helps. TBH, alot of it is relative to your style of driving, distance travelled etc. My run to work is about 20 miles and it's a mix of 30 - 70 mph.

Cheers

Andy

I maybe i am wrong, but thought only the Ecomotive and the 1.6 TDi CR has a DPF?:think:

1.9TDI = EU4 1.6TDI CR =EU5.:shrug:

Techie?

Barrie:D

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I dont know for sure which is why I was suprised, not seen a 1.9 tbh in at our place as yet.

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
My 1.9TDI Sport MY09 has a BLS engine code, so i think because its an EU4 engine it wont have a DPF..

Maybe Bigman75 has a different engine to my car?:shrug:

Here is some stuff i found....

Making particulate filters compulsory
The emissions standards are always technology-neutral, which means that carmakers can use the technology of their choice to reduce emissions. At the time of their adoption, the Euro 4 standards were believed to require expensive particulate filters to be fitted onto diesel cars. But progress in the engine technology made it possible to meet the Euro 4 PM limit (25 mg/km) on most cars using advanced in-cylinder techniques and the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), without the need for a PM filter. Current Euro 5 proposals, however, given current technology, can only be achieved by fitting expensive filters to exhaust tubes.:confused:

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newIbiza08/site/engines/main.html

PS sorry about the thread hijack!!

Last edited:

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi Barrie

Thanks for the interesting comments about DPF.

I've checked my service handbook and it also states :

1.9T EU4 but it also has D3W.

Check out this link :

http://www.seat-chelny.ru/models/new_ibiza_sc/engines/5/

This also shows D3W so to me it suggests I or we have an DPF fitted.

Hmmm. Got me wondering now mate. I'm sure I was told it has on the MK5 1.9 TDi. :think:

Cheers,

Andy

Just to add, I'm not particularly bothered either way about having an DPF. I may save a bit of money with oil but I've not used the wrong stuff or anything so far. I've also not had any 'regen' issues that some of the 1.6 CR owners seem to be experiencing so maybe I haven't got an DPF.

Last edited:

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
Hi Barrie

Thanks for the interesting comments about DPF.

I've checked my service handbook and it also states :

1.9T EU4 but it also has D3W.

Check out this link :

http://www.seat-chelny.ru/models/new_ibiza_sc/engines/5/

This also shows D3W so to me it suggests I or we have an DPF fitted.

Hmmm. Got me wondering now mate. I'm sure I was told it has on the MK5 1.9 TDi. :think:

Cheers,

Andy

Just to add, I'm not particularly bothered either way about having an DPF. I may save a bit of money with oil but I've not used the wrong stuff or anything so far. I've also not had any 'regen' issues that some of the 1.6 CR owners seem to be experiencing so maybe I haven't got an DPF.[/QUOTE

Hi Andy,

You have me wondering now!

I see the link was to Seats Russian site so maybe it available with DPF there?:confused:

On Seat.com

The specs don't mention it...

I too have no regen issues after 13500 miles. So i'm with you on that,maybe we don't have a DPF!! In fact i don't know what the light looks like on the dash!:shrug:

But let's be honest, we don't want one anyway!:banned:

the 1.9 Tdi is dead long live the 1.9Tdi!!:D

Last edited:

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I found this link to the Seat Russian page but also to an Bulgarian one but like you, nowt pointing to definitive info for the UK. :shrug:

As for the icon for the dpf fault, check your handbook. All dash lights are listed.

Eh well, like you say, we don't want one! I feel sorry for the peeps suffering with the regen probs on the other thread. Not fair on them! :censored:

Anyway, after 13'500 miles, what's your MPG like?

Cheers

Andy

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
You are right Andy!

i just checked my logbook, and the dash lights too!
it is a mystery!

On my mpg i got 60.7 today on a 2 hour motorway run to London.
It seems to be better now the weather is warmer.
Lowest is 49 highest was 64!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise