First time owning a SEAT Ibiza, so got a few questions!

WolfyWesty

Nov 10, 2016
Hi there!

I'm new to the site and to owning a SEAT Ibiza (2010 1.2 Ecomotive), but I just have a few questions about my car. If anyone has some information on them, it'd be greatly appreciated!

I've noticed that when stationary on tickover, the headlights tend to flicker slightly. Is this normal? Car does 60 miles a day on the motorway so the battery should be getting a good charge. Haven't checked the battery voltage though.

That said, every so often when either side lights or main beams are on, I get a warning light on the dashboard (light symbol with a "!" in the middle, in the rev counter). All lights are working (including both sets of fogs and high beams) so not sure why this is happening. Doesn't do it all the time but no blown bulbs.

Could the flickering headlights at idle be linked to the warning light when the lights are on (or vice versa)?

Finally, when braking from 60mph+, I get some vibration through the steering wheel. This doesn't happen when braking at any other speed, nor does it happen when accelerating or general driving. Suggests bent rotors? Have eyed them and they don't look warped (pads are 2/3 worn though). Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your time!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Hi there!

I'm new to the site and to owning a SEAT Ibiza (2010 1.2 Ecomotive), but I just have a few questions about my car. If anyone has some information on them, it'd be greatly appreciated!

I've noticed that when stationary on tickover, the headlights tend to flicker slightly. Is this normal? Car does 60 miles a day on the motorway so the battery should be getting a good charge. Haven't checked the battery voltage though.

when turning the steering it's normal.

That said, every so often when either side lights or main beams are on, I get a warning light on the dashboard (light symbol with a "!" in the middle, in the rev counter). All lights are working (including both sets of fogs and high beams) so not sure why this is happening. Doesn't do it all the time but no blown bulbs.

Could the flickering headlights at idle be linked to the warning light when the lights are on (or vice versa)?

I'm not seeing wich light it is, do you have a pic?

Finally, when braking from 60mph+, I get some vibration through the steering wheel. This doesn't happen when braking at any other speed, nor does it happen when accelerating or general driving. Suggests bent rotors? Have eyed them and they don't look warped (pads are 2/3 worn though). Anyone else had this issue?

A lot of people with Ibizas are reporting this issue, and if you replace it they will bent again probably but there is no warm from trying besides the money spent.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428591

My comments above.

Last edited: