Fitted 18" Rotiform BLQ Style Wheels in Black + Eibach 30mm pro springs

daz3031

Jan 25, 2011
I didn't notice too much of a difference but I was only changing from 18s to 19s. I'm sure if you currently had 16s or 17s then you would notice a big difference. There is still a decent amount of side wall with the 235/35 tyres, not quite rubber bands.

I'm based just south of Glasgow. Would only want £750 if you were collecting but £795 to get them sent by courier.

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Ive finally done it !!! I opted for some black rotiform style wheels 18" and here is a pic !!

altea.jpg

Let me know what you think ;) I certainly like them it changes the car :)

Nik

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Just a quick question though for those with 18" wheels. Did you notice any worse mpg ?? I think I've lost maybe 1 or two mpg since the wheels and lowering. Still drives great though makes me feel like I a young lad again (lol Im only 34 though).

Next project will be replacing the head unit with something more flexible like a pioneer double din nav unit.

Nik

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Just a quick question though for those with 18" wheels. Did you notice any worse mpg ?? I think I've lost maybe 1 or two mpg since the wheels and lowering. Still drives great though makes me feel like I a young lad again (lol Im only 34 though).

Next project will be replacing the head unit with something more flexible like a pioneer double din nav unit.

Nik

Yes,mine does seem a little lower on mpg! i'm just hoping its the computer mileage thats wrong! still seem to get the same total mileage out of a full tank! :cry:

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Mind you my poor 1.9 has to work a lil harder than your mighty 2.0 but thanks for confirming this :D I wonder if a remap might improve matters !

Nik

Yes,mine does seem a little lower on mpg! i'm just hoping its the computer mileage thats wrong! still seem to get the same total mileage out of a full tank! :cry:

N2KHL

Jan 21, 2011
Leicester
Just another Quick question what tire pressures do u use on your 18" wheels? The fitter just pumped in 32psi all round.

Nik

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Just another Quick question what tire pressures do u use on your 18" wheels? The fitter just pumped in 32psi all round.

Nik

I go for around 34 on the front and 37 on the rear. its higher than recomended,but i feel it gives much better tyre wear! :)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
Mind you my poor 1.9 has to work a lil harder than your mighty 2.0 but thanks for confirming this :D I wonder if a remap might improve matters !

Nik

Lol :D
Mine is remapped too! so 190 bhp and 315 ft lb of torque.never seen an improvement in fuel with it on though! (Its a switchable Revo job!)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.