Fitted a DTUK chip on my ibiza cupra tdi

javorb

DTUK is a good unit.
do you have one on your car ? by the quotes you have put on this and other posts you seem to know dtuk very well and seem to comment strongly on a lot of posts that you then claim you are no expert
i never said dtuk were not good units but as it is quite expensive you would hope to get good all round benefits as you cant drive like an idiot all of the time

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
do you have one on your car ? by the quotes you have put on this and other posts you seem to know dtuk very well and seem to comment strongly on a lot of posts that you then claim you are no expert
i never said dtuk were not good units but as it is quite expensive you would hope to get good all round benefits as you cant drive like an idiot all of the time

I am no expert but I do have a DTUK unit and I'm commenting based on my experience with it so far. I wouldn't say it was expensive compared to what is available.

All round benefits are very good, so that's my reason behind saying it's a good unit. I know you didn't say it was a bad unit but the title for this thread is "Fitted a DTUK chip on my Ibiza Cupra TDi" and you have simply discussed your agenda and experience with your units.

And nobody should ever drive like an idiot any of the time! Unless of course, you are one.

1legdis

Mar 16, 2010
East Lothian
Loads of people on the Vauxhall forums have them - do a google search and you should find various reviews on different cars.

FWIW Andys a mod on the astraownersnetwork.co.uk forum.

I used to have Vauxhall & used the forum for much the same reason I now use this one.

The DTUK boxes are pretty highly regarded by the forum members that have them. Even with the member discount I couldn't justify buying one at the time but got a Kingquick box instead. I got one on offer when the company was just starting up. Ran it for almost 3 years on my Zafira 150 CDTi, no smoking/overfuelling issues, no burnt out clutch, no flat spots. Pulled like a train right through the rev range. Provoked a few boy racer moments:redface:

IMHO I think good tuning boxes are a bit more polished than some people credit them for.

Paul.

javorb

tuning units

FWIW Andys a mod on the astraownersnetwork.co.uk forum.

I used to have Vauxhall & used the forum for much the same reason I now use this one.

The DTUK boxes are pretty highly regarded by the forum members that have them. Even with the member discount I couldn't justify buying one at the time but got a Kingquick box instead. I got one on offer when the company was just starting up. Ran it for almost 3 years on my Zafira 150 CDTi, no smoking/overfuelling issues, no burnt out clutch, no flat spots. Pulled like a train right through the rev range. Provoked a few boy racer moments:redface:

IMHO I think good tuning boxes are a bit more polished than some people credit them for.

Paul.
i have started selling tuning units again and i would say tuning units give far more options than a remap ,new digital units are now a remap in a unit that the buyer can change to his own liking via a laptop,the technology in tuning units has changed so much in the last year :rolleyes:

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
I have a DTE unt on my Sportrider on map 4 and this map has a good shove from 3000 through to 4250 and works very well, initially the mpg dropped off as you end up trying out your new power but after 2 weeks you settle a bit lol and mpg picks up 5mpg.

yes i'd say they are worth a look now and far different from the old boxes of which i had one on a Vw non pd

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
the thing is for the same money you can have a remap that alters more than just fueling and boost

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
DTE boxes give you the option though of 4 maps to suit your driving style, and you can change back to std if you need to visit the stealers for warranty work or change it to your new car. For me living deep in the southwest i have little option with a 100+mile trip so suited my needs and works well.

but i see your point about a map and price mate:funk:

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
DTE boxes give you the option though of 4 maps to suit your driving style, and you can change back to std if you need to visit the stealers for warranty work or change it to your new car. For me living deep in the southwest i have little option with a 100+mile trip so suited my needs and works well.

but i see your point about a map and price mate:funk:

yeah they are a bit more plug and play.. revo do the select switch that does similar too but will cost you slightly more than a tuning box

JenDTUK

Gaz is a customer of ours, thats all..

The DTUK systems are manufactured in Germany by DTE Systems, (most are TuV APPROVED) but the software we use is developed in house for the UK market

Were now running a 2 channel system on our own Leon CR which recently developed 210bhp..

best give Andrew a shout as he offers forum members extra discounts over our web prices..

Jen x

(his other half)

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Gaz is a customer of ours, thats all..

The DTUK systems are manufactured in Germany by DTE Systems, (most are TuV APPROVED) but the software we use is developed in house for the UK market

Were now running a 2 channel system on our own Leon CR which recently developed 210bhp..

best give Andrew a shout as he offers forum members extra discounts over our web prices..

Jen x

(his other half)

A happy customer, so far!!!

Bower

well im still runing the unit and all i can say is its fantastic, trouble free up to press
im on map 1 +30% and the 1.4 pd engine feels like a much larger meatier beastie
and supprises the hell out of a lot of folks

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Anyone put one of these on a RR yet to compare the maps? I gather there are 4 maps with varying degrees of fierceness. How much power adjustment is there? Not really worried about the whole wheel spin issue, as i have been blessed with quattro, although the clutch wear could be an issue for me. I have always gone for remaps in the past although i could be converted. Would really like to see some RR graphs of the different maps. i know there is one from a fabia Vrs on their facebook page, but it doesn't say what settings were used.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.