fitting a 170 turbo

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
Hi guys,
Just wondered what the benefits would be, and would it be as simple as fitting a 170 tdi turbo and having it mapped on my 140 tdi to get the gains. I would like to reach the 200 ish mark as i am finding my 140 very slow compared to my previous lcr :-(. I know they are not going to be in the same league speed wise, but i just need a bit more 'go'. lol
cheers

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Ii think if you get your 140 remapped it will be close to 200bhp no need for any major works :)

Depends on what the stock car is putting out first. 200 with a map might be possible but you have to wonder where all the power is at? To get 200 you would need supporting mods like a de cat exhaust and so on.
Putting the turbo from a PD170 into a PD140 is not worth it and is really throwing money away. The turbos are different and would require some new piping, manifolds and so on. That money spent on doing this would be better spent on getting a new Hybrid PD140 turbo from the likes of Turbo Dynamics or CR Turbos.
Alex

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
Thanks guys. Does anyone know what i could expect from a hybrid 140 and a cost?? Or point me in the right direction of a company who could sort a package out for me?
Cheers

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Thanks guys. Does anyone know what i could expect from a hybrid 140 and a cost?? Or point me in the right direction of a company who could sort a package out for me?
Cheers

You could try calling/emailing Turbo Dynamics or CR Turbos for a quote on a Hybrid PD140 turbo. The other option is to call SCN sponsors like Awesome GTI, JBS, Jabbasport or AMD to see if they do Diesel Tuning packages for you.
As well as the Hybrid Turbo you will be looking at a new map as well. Do you have any other supporting power mods as you will prob need them to go above the 200 mark.
Alex