Fitting a subwoofer in a Leon Mk2

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Evening all,

I've fitted a sub today to my standard HU, using a hi to low converter.

I've connected the remote cable to the yellow "+uB" wire on my HU loom, which I thought would be ignition power. However, my sub stays powered on all the time, and whenever I unlock the doors, turn the ignition, or lock the car, I get a few loud thuds from the sub.

Can anyone help with this? Did anyone find a suitable switched 12v power source that will only power on when the key is turned?

Thanks! :)

Lukeyx

Rootmonkey
Nov 30, 2008
Grimsby
Evening all,

I've fitted a sub today to my standard HU, using a hi to low converter.

I've connected the remote cable to the yellow "+uB" wire on my HU loom, which I thought would be ignition power. However, my sub stays powered on all the time, and whenever I unlock the doors, turn the ignition, or lock the car, I get a few loud thuds from the sub.

Can anyone help with this? Did anyone find a suitable switched 12v power source that will only power on when the key is turned?

Thanks! :)

Hi bud. My mate did mine but he wired into into the fusebox (if i remember correctly) just near the ignition

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Hi bud. My mate did mine but he wired into into the fusebox (if i remember correctly) just near the ignition

Thanks Lukeyx, I've just been reading a few VW forums saying people tapped into the fuse box, I just can't find which fuse they used. I'll try borrowing a multi-meter and testing that myself.

Thanks a lot!

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Thanks Lukeyx, I've just been reading a few VW forums saying people tapped into the fuse box, I just can't find which fuse they used. I'll try borrowing a multi-meter and testing that myself.

Thanks a lot!

When you take off the dash cover you will see small fuses at the top and then the larger fuses below. The first one next to the large fuse (third or fourth from the left) is an ignition live only....I've tested every fuse on a leon with s multimeter so know!

Hope this helps.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
When you take off the dash cover you will see small fuses at the top and then the larger fuses below. The first one next to the large fuse (third or fourth from the left) is an ignition live only....I've tested every fuse on a leon with s multimeter so know!

Hope this helps.

Thanks Rob. I've used the first BIG fuse slot on the top left, just underneath the little fuses. Works a treat!

I've got it all set up now and it's working a treat. The car is finally all back together too.
I ran the power down the passenger side to the boot, and the RCA's and remote down the drivers side, with the RCA's going underneath the steering wheel to the back of the stereo to the converter. The grounding I used for the sub was the same as the one for the rear passenger side light cluster. I had to take the plastic lip off that holds the parcel shelf, then pull back the carpet. Then it's just one nut to hold it down. Job's a good'n!

Lovely jubbly!

Last edited:

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I faulted the airbag because I had the glovebox off, and when I ran a scan on VCDS before I was going to clear the fault, there were faults lighting up like a christmas tree!

Engine, HVAC, Radio, Pass Door, Cent Electronics, the works!

Luckily, having researched, all but the passenger door are to do with me fitting the sub, and can be cleared! PHEW!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise