Fitting audio booster

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
I ordered one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250554353123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Seat aerial booster amplified antenna and it came next day but for the life of me i cant get it to fit into the iso block.

Apparently it goes into the bottom iso block (m57-1) into slot 5. I have tried using pliers on it to make it smaller but it just doesnt want to slide in.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can any else advise what other wire i can splice into ? its an after market jvc headunit.

Sorry for the bad picture.
IMG00019-20100104-1434.jpg

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
When I fitted mine, I split the blue wire (Powered antenna wire), and crimped that to the aerial booster, and taped up the other end.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You're only supposed to fit those with aftermarket head units, they're to send a feed to the powered base as the normal coax lead from an aftermarket head unit doesn't power anything.

You don't need one with a standard head unit.

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
George,

There are quiet a few blue wires mate which one?

Assuming you are working with an aftermarket headunit (as PhilW quite rightly pointed out), I identified the wire using the diagram in the stereo manual. You can also use the remote wire, which is usually blue and white striped.

Edit: and i didn't do anything to modify the standard ISO wiring, I only worked with the ISO adaptor that comes with the headunit, so everything before the car's ISO blocks I left well alone.

Last edited:

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Its a JVC headunit as stated in the original post. I will leave the standard wiring well along and take a looksy for the remote wire.

Cheers

dErZ

Jan 29, 2008
Surrey
Spliced into the blue/white wire and it works. Reception is 10 times better thanx alot for your help :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members