fitting boost gauge on tdi

brad1

Hi all
got my boost gauge this morning after a lot of looking found the perfect matching colour one in halfords after seeing a couple of here;)

couple of querys before i try and fit, i got a t piece with mine, can this be used and off which vacuum pipe, or do i need to use a nipple thing into the boost pipe? and where do i get one from

also how long roughly should the vacuum tube be because i dont want to start and find out its not long enough. Should the one that came with my autogauge from halfords be long enough??
cheers:)

brad1

also if i was to fit a bleed nipple into the boost pipe, would i need to drill a smaller hole that the nipple and then fit the nipple in quite tight???
or how would you do it?

bleednip100.gif

is this it ^^^?

Last edited by a moderator:

brad1

wondered if someone can help me before it gets too dark, i dont know which wires go where, i have a orange, yellow purple and black wire, and need to know which wires they connect to off the back of the light switch. On the light switch they have wires 1 to 17 but dont know which colour they attach two, i know black is ground and it says purple to a 12v ignition switch etc and which colour will this be off the light switch. Also which does yellow and orange go to????
cheers

brad1

im not sure if its working correct, when i boot it, its only reading 17 to 18psi and is this the way its suppose to work.... as soon as it hits where the turbo kicks in it shots up to around 18psi and stays there.
Also where crusing at 30 in 5th for example, the needle stays on 0 and doesnt go into vacuum?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
You bought a combined boost / vacuum gauge? You'd get vacuum readings from a petrol engine when the throttle butterfly closed but not from a diesel engine, so don't be looking for a vacuum reading.

shaunymac

Auto Emocion
Jul 30, 2007
Basildon, Essex
Thats how mine worked when i had it on my old FR you wont get a vacuum reading, and the reason it moves constantly is because of the variable nozzle turbo

brad1

all done now, the backlight didnt work as it was faulty, took it back and got a new one.
thanks for all the help guys :)

brad1

here are some ;)
going to buy a pillar mount for it soon but dont know where to get one from, if anybody knows?
what you think, the first one i bought turned out to be faulty, backlight and colour change didnt work with help from longman ;)

bought this one today and all works fine :)

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

Mar 8, 2007
where did you run it into the cabin mate?

and as for putting it into the pipe did you just drilll and screw the nipple in tight?

brad1

i drilled a smaller hole than the nipple, then carefully screwed the nipple in

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Any chance of a pic in the dark to see what it looks like lit up ? Also, I dont want to sound rude, but it needs to be in a pillar pod to make it look less tacked on. I know you are after one so let us know when you source a good one. I think I'd be looking at a more secure way of securing the pipe rather than just pushfit, if it comes off I guess it would be bleeding boost pressure ?

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2007
Any chance of a pic in the dark to see what it looks like lit up ? Also, I dont want to sound rude, but it needs to be in a pillar pod to make it look less tacked on. I know you are after one so let us know when you source a good one. I think I'd be looking at a more secure way of securing the pipe rather than just pushfit, if it comes off I guess it would be bleeding boost pressure ?

If you go on tdi club youll see that all the boost pipes are tapped in this way.

The pipe is screwed in tight so its not going to just pop out - I suppose you could put a nut on the other side but I REALLY would not like to see this come loose and go into the engine :-o

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise