fitting boost gauge on tdi

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Look what arrived today! :D Just a rough idea.....

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

Getting black pillars so it matches the black gauge pod. They'll be picked up tomorrow - so if my little brass nipple turns up tomorrow, I'll be fitting it this weekend! :D

Shani

Habitual derv user
Aug 12, 2007
Baillieston, Glasgow
I've just ordered one from Banshee Motorsport for my Mk4 Ibiza. I've gone for the same gauge as you mate! Got mine from Halfords too for £19.99. The only difference mine is PSI not BAR. They were both in the shop but I personally prefer the look of the PSI to BAR - totally personal choice though!

Just watching for a few bits to arrive and it'll all be fitted then! :D

Prefer PSI to Bar myself....bigger numbers you see

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Ok now that i know which pipe to drill, it's not the easiest one to remove on the Leon cupra, any one have any ideas so i don't get crap in the engine or intake pipe

tdi_will

Maybe try and drill the hole as close to the end of the pipe that you have open, then stick a hoover down there (turned on obviously) and catch the swarf as it falls...... [B)]

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Just dont do what I did stuff ya hand up to catch the swarf
Drill bit went in like a screw and pinched my index finger to the inside of the induction pipe DOH
quick trip to the accident unit and 5 stitches later all sorted lol

since found out best to use a wood drill bit on plastic, wish id have known that first.

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
wardy did u find it pretty straight forward to do other than drilling your finger (sorry to hear about that) was it easy to disconnect the pipe?

Shani

Habitual derv user
Aug 12, 2007
Baillieston, Glasgow
How has everybody got the pipe through the bulkhead from the engine bay??

Follow the bonnet release cable to where it dissapears under the driver side wiper.
Peel back the rubber strip lift the plastic panel and you will see a wiring loom dissapear into this black plastic grommet thing (best description I can provide- sorry).
There is a spare grommet thingy next to this loom- drill it very carefully.
Push boost pipe through then inside the car- remember to silicone up afterwards to avoid water getting into the cabin
Loosen of the fuseplate, get a torch from the pedals, seek the pipe and it should be there.
I grabbed it using a old wire coat hanger- one of the best tools I've ever owned.

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
I went straight through the bonnet cable release grommet, quite tricky but nothing a bit of wire coathanger and vaseline couldn't fix, remove fuse plate and it should be easy enough! Dont forget the sealer!!

gaugeinstall.jpg

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Shani sorry to be an absolute idiot did you have to remove the wiper arm at all, i've tried lifting the plastic panel and can't get it to come up high enough. I've thought about the bonnet release way but worried knowing my luck that i'll nacker it.

Anyone got any pics of under the plastic panel?

Shani

Habitual derv user
Aug 12, 2007
Baillieston, Glasgow
Shani sorry to be an absolute idiot did you have to remove the wiper arm at all, i've tried lifting the plastic panel and can't get it to come up high enough. I've thought about the bonnet release way but worried knowing my luck that i'll nacker it.

Anyone got any pics of under the plastic panel?

I tried initially to get the wiper arm off but it was stuck fast (hope I never have to change it). Instead I just about managed to get the drill head in by lifting up the plastic. See if you can fit the drill in. It doesn't take much to drill through so keep it slow and apply a little pressure until you feel it go through.

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
these tapered hosetails people have used are they 1/4" bsp size so they measure half an inch across the outer diameter of the threads ?

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Enigma - sounds like the size i'll be using, want to get the pipe through bulk head first before tappng into the boost pipe

Shani - Do you have a pics of where abouts its located I'm struggling. I don't think there has been another mod thats taken me so long. All my electrics have been done, the pillar pod trim is ready, just this bloody pipe lol, any further help would be most appreicated

hanman81

have a leon cupra petrol and puttin a boost guage in myself tried like hell today to find somewhere to get vacumme hose into cabin where exactly is the secondary grommet was gona push through bonnet release mine needs wiring was wondering where the best to link wires to is needs a constant positive and one that comes on with the ignition was thinkin about just joinin it with the wires on the light controls

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise