Fitting Boost Gauge

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
aye , fit a egr delete pipe that has a tap for a boost gauge or replace the hard plastic pipe with a custom metal one with a tap welded on.

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
or have custom boost pipe made , some guy was doing them on briskoda a while back

Si_TDi_FR

Oct 6, 2009
Northallerton
Ahh thats too much hassle, i'll just have to be extremely careful when fitting it. Any idea on the size of the fitting that needs to be tapped into the pipework? I cant find the thread

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
search will bring up a ton of threads on this , but 13-14mm from top of my head

Bassedout

Back to Blue with a Turbo
Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
I made myself a spacer for the Thrust/Boost sensor and tapped it off from there. Got the idea from here. There was a company who made a simillar thing.
Search and I am sure you will find plenty of information.

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
I made myself a spacer for the Thrust/Boost sensor and tapped it off from there. Got the idea from here. There was a company who made a simillar thing.
Search and I am sure you will find plenty of information.

any photos of this spacer or a more detailed explanation?

quite like the idea of it.

Bassedout

Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
I'll see if I can get some photos of it up for you in the next couple of days. Need to wait till it stops raining or snowing whichever it is going to do!!!
Cheers
Phil

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
I'm in the process of doing mine, the only bit i'm struggling with is getting the hose through the bulkhead

Bassedout

Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
BoostSens2.jpg

BoostSens3.jpg

BoostSens.jpg

Last edited:

Bassedout

Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
Sorry it took me so long but here are some photos of the adapter that I made.

I made it out of alloy and it has no affect on the thrust sens istelf apart from just moving it out.
I made this cause I didn't fancy drilling the intake and I can take it off and it goes back to stock in two mins.
HTH Thanks

enigma

Feb 9, 2007
thanks for the pictures , thats alot better than i had pictured in my head , got some skill to machine that mate , nice!

Bassedout

Feb 27, 2005
North Wales
After talking to a friend of mine I am on the look out for a spare sensor doesn't matter if it doesn't work.
We just want the shape of it. Does anyone have a broken one????

He says that he might be able to make one out of stainless steel for me and make the air tap off a bit smaller.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.