Fitting bucket seats?

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Hey,
Been offered a pair of Corbeau Carrera bucket seats for a good price, however they don't come with subframes and I can't find any Leon specific ones. I've been told they MIGHT fit directly onto the standard subframes? Also there is the option of universal subframes but no idea how easy/hard they will be to fit.

Suggestions please
Dan :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Ummm Demon Tweeks? anywhere like that....... £50 each I paid for my 106 ones af ew years ago.

I'm not sure about the plugs but I emember reading on here you could get little gizmos that plug in and stop the light coming on.

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Subframes are £80 EACH...

I've been offered the seats for £120, so that's like £280 total. The subframes are more than the seats LOL Doubtful I will find second hand Corbeau frames. The seats do come with universal, wonder how they would fit.

Apparently a good welder (such as my grandad) would be able to weld the uni subframe to fit. Hmm

Last edited:

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Done some research and found that people who fit bucket seats either fit some kind of resistor to fool the airbag system, or they somehow retrofit the belt pretensioners onto the new seat.

Has anyone here fitted bucket seats into their Seat? I'm sure someone must have or know what to do :(

Helpppppppp meeeeeeeeeee pleeeeeeeease I'm this close to securing the seat purchase

Last edited:

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
Yes mate those, they do recline also, actual pic of seats here:

Found out if I know a good welder (my grandad), he can weld the old subframes onto the new seats :)

Also found out this method on fooling the side airbags system,

"in the airbag connector for the passenger side there will be three wires.

colours will be

pin 3/3 brown

pin 2 blue

pin 1 white

basically you need to solder a 4.7 ohm resistor from the blue wire to the white wire.

I would use the other side of connector (seat side) to do this, so the car wiring is intact."

Easy enough.

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Sounds like a plan, you going for it?

The wires on the drivers side are different colour to passengers side but guess thats easy to work out :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.