Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Fitting Coilovers - Leon Cupra

Discussion in 'Mk1 Leon Guides (1M) 2000-2006' started by DPJ, Apr 5, 2008.

1. seat180

seat180 Guest

i was thinking of getting coilovers however opted for a front anti roll bar instead as i already have lowering springs on, just wondered what size droplinks you think would best fit onto the front any suggestions ????

2. LCR Cran

LCR Cran Guest

Eibach pro springs rather than coilovers

3. Mattyboy1

Gonna have a go at fitting mine soon the back has already been done but the mechanic who changed them never got round to doing the fronts so gonna do them myself. I want mine to sit about the same height as yours at the front. How do I measure to make sure there both adjusted to the same height. Was yours about half way.

4. Mattyboy1

I was wondering this to mate I found if you use the nut that came with the springs to bolt it altogether then the bearing didn't fit over the nut. So I saw I diagram online which showed it as going the purple cap then the bearing then the top mount then the threaded bush. Then onto the carthen the top hat thing then locking nut. I don't know if this is right or not as I've not put it on the car yet. Not bolted them together yet but have done it how I said. Purple cap bearing top mount then threaded bush. Only done it up finger tight at the mo but it seems ok like that bearing moves freely enough. Will torque it up soon and get them on the car and see how it goes.

5. benj1989

Just a stab in the dark but would this be the same instructions or a mk2 leon? Can't seem to find any instructions for the mk2?

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

6. MarkWales

Thanks DPJ this thread is going to help me sort mine in the morning

7. SNAZ85

SNAZ85 Active Member

LOWERING 2001 LEON CUPRA ON FK COILOVERS HELP...

Ok so ive got a mk1 2001 Leon Cupra . I've just recently started to do some subtle mods to it that i've been wanting to do for ages! I've acquired myself a set of 18" BBS CH REPS on stretched 40 profile tyres and they have set the car off a treat!! Next on the list is obviously getting them rims sitting nicely in the arches!! So i've found a set of coilvers online for like 180 odd quid which look ok. However i think i'm right in saying that the 1m leons are the exact same chassis as the mk4 Golfs? Meaning that when putting the coilovers on i can only go down 40mm before the front driveshafts get in the way? I've been told that gettin an Audi TT front ARB will cure this and allow me to go down to like 60mm?? So basically what im asking is to be able to drop 60mm on coils do i need to buy a TT ARB? If so which sort? If not do i need to get the coil kit with the adjustable drop links? or just the standard kit and new ARB??

Cheers peeps

8. raikonen

raikonen Active Member

i buyed fk street coilovers and droped car abaut 50mm but thats all thats possible before changing front anti roll bar:rolleyes:

9. zeddyyy

zeddyyy Active Member

do you need to replace the stretch bolts in the front that go at the bottom of the strut? raceland recommends this for the mk4 gti?

10. mike1981

mike1981 Active Member

I was going to get coilovers but drove a mk4 golf with them the other day, felt good but to harsh for everyday use.

11. Andrewwright

Andrewwright Turbo lover

Fk coilovers any good on the Leon mk1? Not for day to day use but at high speed they are OK?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk