Fitting guide

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
hey guys need some help I have been thinking about lowering my car for quite some time don’t want to spend a lot and have heard great things about jom blue line coil overs, reason I don’t want to spend a lot is within the next year I’m going to save up and fit bags, I also don’t want lowering springs as I think coilovers are a good reason to fit whole new suspension including dampers, my question is has anyone got a detailed guide on how to install coil overs on the Leon mk2 fr as I’m not mechanically inclined, or is anyone based near London and willing to help/guide me through this process.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You realise the rear is separate coil and shock setup right?? So you're probably gunna fit lowering springs to the rear anyway.
Cheap coilovers often give a **** ride, but if you wanna go stupid low it's the best value option.

So what do you want?

DarrenAnthony

Although it is not the hardest job in the world to do yourself, if you are not mechanically minded I'd certainly be looking at getting them fitted by a professional. Plus it will be done a lot quicker and they will have all the tools to do it right.
I was going to fit my coilovers with my mate who used to be a mechanic, but even he said it is probably easier to have them fitted for 2 reasons - much quicker and the fact that if you've pulled out suspension and find a problem, it could put a hold-up on everything, where as a professional would have the means to quickly sort anything out, along with fast access to any other required parts, and continue with the job.

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
You realise the rear is separate coil and shock setup right?? So you're probably gunna fit lowering springs to the rear anyway.
Cheap coilovers often give a **** ride, but if you wanna go stupid low it's the best value option.

So what do you want?
I realise that I’m not mechanically minded but I do have eyes and a coilover kits comes with lowering springs but dampers to match it as I stated in my post I want coilovers due to the fact it replaces shocks and springs leaving me with a fresh suspension system, I’m not worried about the harshness of the ride and I’m thinking about dropping it 35mm max no more than that.

Samuel bristow

Jul 10, 2018
Although it is not the hardest job in the world to do yourself, if you are not mechanically minded I'd certainly be looking at getting them fitted by a professional. Plus it will be done a lot quicker and they will have all the tools to do it right.
I was going to fit my coilovers with my mate who used to be a mechanic, but even he said it is probably easier to have them fitted for 2 reasons - much quicker and the fact that if you've pulled out suspension and find a problem, it could put a hold-up on everything, where as a professional would have the means to quickly sort anything out, along with fast access to any other required parts, and continue with the job.
Thanks for the advice bro I think this is the route I will take as you made good points having only just bought the car I’m not sure what state the underside is in

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Mines lowered 35mm just on changing springs don't need to change everything pal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I realise that I’m not mechanically minded but I do have eyes and a coilover kits comes with lowering springs but dampers to match it as I stated in my post I want coilovers due to the fact it replaces shocks and springs leaving me with a fresh suspension system
You don’t need coil overs to refresh the suspension, you could get matching springs and shocks.
Good point might go that route

Did you really not think you could fit fresh shocks along with lowering springs or something?
There's a lot more suspension components than just the shocks and springs, the rear is especially well known for corrosion and wear.

You may well end up fitting new stuff and then finding out the rear alignment arms are seized and you are unable to get it properly adjusted to the new suspension settings.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise