fitting heated electric seats..memory??

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
hi all. i am planning on fitting some s3 recaro's to my mk1 tdi. i know the s3s are heated and electric but im wondering which loom to use. this http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1087_Seat-Heating-with-Seat-Adjustment---Harness---Seat-Leon-1M.html/XTCsid/4c9d2937a8e6899e11f675d845a5c059 or this http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p167_Seat-Heating---Electric-Memory-Seats---Harness---VW-Golf-4.html i know this one is for a golf but i thought the leon electric seats were memory... anyone have any idea? im guessing the connections for the heated seat switches would be the same??

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew
hi all. i am planning on fitting some s3 recaro's to my mk1 tdi. i know the s3s are heated and electric but im wondering which loom to use. this http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1087_Seat-Heating-with-Seat-Adjustment---Harness---Seat-Leon-1M.html/XTCsid/4c9d2937a8e6899e11f675d845a5c059 or this http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p167_Seat-Heating---Electric-Memory-Seats---Harness---VW-Golf-4.html i know this one is for a golf but i thought the leon electric seats were memory... anyone have any idea? im guessing the connections for the heated seat switches would be the same??

what are trying to get to work on the seats e.g. heat seats , electric seat motors , air bags and the memory seat functions , what i did with my old memory seat was to by-pass the memory function part , so i had the electric motors working and airbags , I made up my own harness as all i need was a switched 12volt fused supply , the airbag i just swapped the plugs over .

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i would like to get the heated, airbag, and electrics working but i wasn't sure about the memory function. if its not all ready on the car in the convience module will the extra and more expencive loom be useless??

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The S3 seats dont have a memory function, make sure you get the plugs with the seats it make wiring them up alot easier, you should get air bag plug, electrics plug and heated plug, you will need to get the switches for the heated part and they are £70 -£35 each and the golf ones dont fit, unless you make them fit with alot of messing about (sorry Adam) i have a wiring diagram for the heated seats if your interested PM me and i will send you a copy, the air bags are easy enough you just need to swap the wires around, i cant remember which ones at the moment, i will have a look, its years since i fitted mine. wiring the electrics is easy you just need a live and negative, you can chose between constantly live or just when ignition is on, stock setting is constantly live.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
you will need to get the switches for the heated part and they are £70 -£35 each and the golf ones dont fit, unless you make them fit with alot of messing about (sorry Adam)

Thats ok :D

Don't forget if you fit the proper switches you will loose the cup holder.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
sound thanks lads. i guess i would be aswell getting the just the loom for the heated seat and running positive and earth to each seat for the electric adjustment. save a few quid as the loom for both is 20euro more than the one for just heated seats. i dont think i would be able to make the loom for the heated seats myself! i seen some heated switches on ebay.de the other day so i might check again. i wont miss the cup holder as i never use it. too afraid of something dripping down on to my head-unit

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
I've just got my seats all heated , (thanks to PhillC for supplying me with the diagram). Not missing the cup holder yet!
Using the various diagrams that are knocking around its a fairly easy job to get a loom together with all the right coloured wires at a fraction of the cost of buying one. Shame the switches are so expensive but worth it :)

Ben

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i ordered a loom from that crowd in my op. more expencive than making one but at least it should be plug and play! just have to make up the loom for the electrics but this sounds easy. only an earth and a fused 12v feed. ya the switches are mad expencive. seen them for 55euro each plus postage on ebay

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Yeah plug and play does sound easier, good luck with it all. The only bit im missing now is the small plastic spacer that fits into the dash in between the two switches. Not a big problem but the switches do move around a bit without it.

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
No part number yet sorry. If you pull out your demister & airbag switches out slightly then you should see a plastic bit separating them, this just slots in and out. I relocated the above switches to the other side of the dash to the cup holder space, and so the spacer went with them.

Amituk

Does anyone know what is needed to get the memory working?

I have some Toledo memory seats which I would like to fit to my mk3 golf.

I have got the electrics working but not memory.

Amit

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
The memory also worked the wing mirrors i think there is another control box in the car, which you will be missing, is there a slot which is missing a plug?

Last edited:

Amituk

Are the memory mirrors not an optional extra? or did they always come with the memory seats?

Amit

Amituk

Where there any mk3 golf platform seats (I guess the mk1 toledo) that had memory seats or was it a mk4 platform only?

Amit

Amituk

googling this info is such a PITA for SEATs do to the brand name.

I guess I am going to need half the cars wiring to get the memory to work :(

Amit

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
I just bought pair of electric front seats for few quid from the breakers and I was hoping to get the memory to work :(
Just to be sure :
To get the electric adjustment to work I need to wire Positive and Earth cables? Thats it ?
And how to get the seats apart cos the ones I bought are in terrible condition but electrics was working fine so I want to swap the covers from mine to the ones from the breakers.
Can anyone send me some links to how to disassemble them :)

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Guys
Can anyone tell me which parts I need to make the memory to work please.
I can get all the parts from the donor car but I dont know which to take
pics would be nice :)