Fitting larger G60 steel wheels

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
I'm thinking of getting some 15" G60 steel wheels for the arosa and was wondering what to do about tyre pressures? I just want more of a footprint on the road and I like the look of these wheels. As far as tyres go, I'm not after super low profile or stupidly wide, perhaps some 185/55/15s? Anyone got any ideas? Will it affect the speedo in any way as there will be a 2" difference in the size of the wheels?

Jowey

I had G60's on mine with 165/55/15 which have a slight stretch/curve in the sidewall
I needed it for clearance but otherwise I'd want 185/45/15

Jowey

willtheyfit.com will display the differences in profile over original and new tire/wheel specs
with useful information such as 'arch gap loss'
It will also tell you if MyTyres.co.uk have the size in stock.

TDi_B5

Feb 2, 2010
Southampton
I would imagine that the lower profile in the tyre (i.e. 45, 50, 55) would affect the ride some what? Does it make it worse or does it feel rougher over bad surfaces? 185/45/15 seems like a good compromise, although its not exactly a common tyre size!

Jowey

185/45 is not an english size.. pretty sure its an import tire.. but easy to get hold of
I run them in Nankang Ns-2 form, on my -4.5 deg cambered rear 8.5J wheels
at around £30 a piece they provide decent grip in the wet and dry.. but do wear faster than a more expensive tire. However .. needs must for my application

as for commenting on the ride comfort.. that is non existent in my car!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.