Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

fitting mirrors

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by samacus, Dec 3, 2009.

1. samacus

samacus Active Member

hey was just wondering how easy or hard is it to fit electric mirrors to a 1.4? is the wiring already there or would i have to do some extensive searching?

2. Adam R

Adam R Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word

i think i was the first ... possible the only one to do this ?

on my old 1.4 i was fed up of manualy adjusting the mirrors so spent £100 on a pair of electric ones from a cupra.

the wiring.... well that is all down to how good your are at electrics and how methodically you think.

it took me and my dad about 2 evenings (4 hrs total) to buzz out what the connections where on the switch (about £25 from the stealers).
    i then had to run a 12v line to the power and run a load of signal cables to both doors.

for this job to be done you will need:

Wire
    DMM (digital Multi Meter)
    cable cutters
    correct wiring loom / plug you can molest from a cupra
    New covers for the door card (where the new switch goes) both passanger and drivers side.
    electric mirrors
    time
    sweat
    blood

it can be done, unfortunately i didnt do a wiring guide and i no longer have the car so i cant help you out too much apart from saying.. i have done it and it was the best mod i did to the car, especially when the heated mirrors work on a frozen morning

3. samacus

samacus Active Member

im not too bad with electrics, so for the wiring i will have to connect the switch in the door to the new mirrors using my own wiring not a wiring loom ?

4. Adam R

Adam R Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word

correct. any you will also need to run a power source to the switch as well

5. merlin051

merlin051 Oil Burner!

taking the door cards on/off is a right chew on aswell, get yourself some new plastic secureing clips, as i usually snapped a couple of these everytime i removed them.

The yellow ones seemed to have less give than the white ones.

6. samacus

samacus Active Member

hey just replaced all the clips in my door cards as when i took them off to change my speakers i snapped them all, went to the dealer and he gave me black ones which are really bad.