Fitting new Double Dinn Head Unit

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Hi all,

Just ordered a pioneer double dinn head unit. I am going to fit it myself (I have never done it before but refuse to pay a fortune to get it done).

Anybody got a diagram of the wiring for the current head unit? Or have any advice on doin this?

I will be taking pictures while I do it so anybody wanting to do so in future will have some notes :)

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
There are loads of threads on this already. For wiring diagrams look for my thread on installing USB/iPod connectivity. Someone put a post up of diagrams.

What Pioneer headunit did you get? Im looking at getting the AVH-3200BT <-- think thats the right part number, quoted from memory

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
just realised i ordered the wrong head unit so canceled order :p

It actually was the AVH-3200BT that i was ordering. Going very cheap at the moment.

Might go for the zenec VW style head unit though instead now.

I just need to check if it is the exact same dimensions needed (it looks right!)

Cornish Pixie

Loving Dirty Derv Power
Apr 29, 2011
North Wiltshire
just realised i ordered the wrong head unit so canceled order :p

It actually was the AVH-3200BT that i was ordering. Going very cheap at the moment.

Might go for the zenec VW style head unit though instead now.

I just need to check if it is the exact same dimensions needed (it looks right!)

I'm sure in one of the "double din" threads, somebody encountered some problems regarding dimensions of either the unit or the facia plate, I could be wrong though - definately worth doing a search and read of the previous threads on the subject to make sure.

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
That Zenec headunit looks WELL pony...

Why did you cancel the AVH-3200BT? It is very cheap for what it is, and exactly what i want. Shame its a bit slow for reading and playing mp3 files off a hard drive but that doesnt bother me too much. It works well with iPhones and thats what ill be using with it.

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
Sorry what i meant is that i ordered a 3200dvd instead of 3200bt so had to cancel. Iv had a look around and seen a few pictures with double dinn units fitted now and i dont like the huge gaps around it :(. Having second thoughts about double dinn because of it

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
I got the wrong code too when i did it from memory. I'm going for the newer 3300BT.

and with regards to the gap around the outside of the unit...small price to pay for MUCH better sound quality

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
That Zenec headunit looks WELL pony...

Why did you cancel the AVH-3200BT? It is very cheap for what it is, and exactly what i want. Shame its a bit slow for reading and playing mp3 files off a hard drive but that doesnt bother me too much. It works well with iPhones and thats what ill be using with it.

pony?

leon20v

its all about the BOC
Feb 4, 2008
Charleston SC, USA
Hi all,

Just ordered a pioneer double dinn head unit. I am going to fit it myself (I have never done it before but refuse to pay a fortune to get it done).

Anybody got a diagram of the wiring for the current head unit? Or have any advice on doin this?

I will be taking pictures while I do it so anybody wanting to do so in future will have some notes :)

if you have all the right fittings i dont think you would really need a wiring guide, everything just clips into place. But there is a pin guide stamped ontop of the standard headunit.
Fitting is real easy, Only problem was the connect2 facia plate which i think is very poor quality, Ended up cutting and trimming it with a dremel and then wrapping it with 3m carbon vinyl, i would say i am 95% happy with the finished look of it.

its worth your time and effort for the sound quality alone, the sound stage is now wider and brighter. enjoy !;)

some pics and a part list here - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=310994

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Shouldn't be an issue wiring it up, you just need anadaptor to convert the standard Quadlock connector to an ISO connection to go into the pioneer
should jsut be plug and play.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.